Chapter Two|Ferries and Frenemies

Mary nodded in encouragement as Ferry No. 4 pulled in to the dock. She followed me on to the ferry.
"If you ever want to come home, this ferry only comes every Saturday," Mary said.
I looked out as other uncertain girls boarded the ferry. The familiar horn honked again and the board at the front of the ferry closed. I turned on my phone to see a reply from Madelyn,
Miss you too:(
I opened Instagram and took a picture of every skyscraper in view. My comment was, "Goodbye Boston💋" The post failed. I turned off my phone.
"Mary I think I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back."
"Ok, go ahead," she replied.
As I was walking towards the restroom line, a girl smacked her shoulder into mine. She looked me up and down and then in the face. Her disgusted look said it all.
"Seriously? You probably don't even ride. Wow."
"Excuse me?" I tried to sustain my composure.
"You look like you've never ridden in your life." She bit her nail, "Ok that was pretty rude of me. We may be off to a rough start."
"Ya think?"
She gave a slight smile. "Sorry. Come over here."
I followed her to a seat where she sat with a big bulky bag of horse tack.
"Do you know what Jorvik is?" She asked.
"No, and do I know what your name is?"
"Haha. I'm Skylar. Now, let me tell you a little bit about Jorvik..."