Chapter Twenty Six|Meeting

"With another soul rider back, we are even closer to stopping Dark Core in their tracks." Elizabeth Sunbeam said.

"But we really need Anne and Lisa." said Frip, squeakily but confidently.

"They can do that another day, I think this was confusing enough for Skylar." one of the Druid instructors said.

I nodded.

"But first, Sabine and the Bakers have to explain so we all understand this more clearly," said Frip, "so on you go."

The first person to speak up was Sabine.

"I was at the Dark Core headquarters. I saw a flashlight, so I quickly ran to set off my flare. I didn't realize I was boarding the wrong boat. The next time I woke up, lights were pounding my eyes and I was taken into an office. Somebody interviewed me and told me he would see me tomorrow for work. I left his office with music pounding in my ears, still dazed and confused about my journey. Now that was three years ago. I think the Bakers should explain now."

My parents looked at each other.

"When we heard that Charlotte was coming to Jorvik, we were beyond excited, but then she spotted Sabine. We realized where Sabine had gone. We quickly accepted the quest and set off to get Sabine and bring her back. But she was embarrassed. She was embarrassed to come back to her best friends, her fellow Soul Riders, and have people make fun of her for not being able to escape a world she got herself into. So we stayed, found jobs at a major lighting company, that was being featured in the New Year's Eve party in coordination with Sabine's performance of her new record. Little did we know, one of our precious Soul Riders, our daughter and her new friend were coming after all of us. But we wanted to stay. We enjoyed this new place and enjoyed the simple life away from the treacherous Dark Core people. And Sabine didn't want to leave. But when you guys came, we knew that the quests were starting, the quests to bring them back. And we know the fate of Jorvik was going to be more terrible than we thought without us. So we came here. Then there's a mini story about Dinosaur Valley, but that would be for Charlotte to explain." they said interchangeably.

Elizabeth Sunbeam looked at me.

"Do you think this is important?"

"No, not really."

She seemed to understand.

"Alright, everybody get a good nights' rest and we'll see you tomorrow. Project Anne?" she said with a laugh.