Chapter Ten|Galloping

"Tomorrow, eleven o'clock sharp, we're going to meet at Frip. Sound good?" Alex says.
"Yeah, great, he'll know what to do." Skylar responds confidently.
Skylar slowly turns Silver and begins a slow trot out of the Vineyard gates. I tail behind.
"Sorry," I say, "For my outburst. I know this is something important."
"It's okay," Skylar says and she smiles, "But more importantly, you ready to GALLOP?!"
I squeal of excitement, "Yes!"
We take a pleasant ride through the Vineyard and into Steve's Farm. We take a stop to care for Silver and Frost, then continue to the Grey Mist Coast. We turn the path to our hiding spot, and go in the break of the fence.
"First, get into the starting position." Skylar instructs.
I start at the farthest end of the track so I have room to speed up, and slow down without making Frost buck. I start with a canter and go once around the ring. After my last jump, I use my space and prod Frost to increase by one gait. Frost's muscular legs are moving in a blur, and her stride is getting longer by the second. Before I knew it, Frost was galloping. Wind rushed through my ears, making the sound of pitching a softball. The sweat clinging to my scalp was cooling and I felt less hot. I felt free and excited.
"Nice job!" Skylar exclaimed, "You're doing great, do you want to try a three pole jump?"
Frost freezes as I pull on the reins. "Suuure..." I say uncertainly.
I walk Frost to the end of the track and we begin a gallop. I head towards a three-pole jump.
"C'mon, Frost!" I whisper. Frost forcefully pushes off of the dirt and hoists up into the air. She tucks her legs in as we fly over the poles and we finish the jump with a strong landing. I pat her side, "Nice job girl!" I exclaim.
I practice a few more and Frost does every one.
"I'm ready to leave, you?" Skylar says. I nod. We run down the dusty trail back to Golden.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we arrive back at Golden, Skylar is turning into her stable and I'm going to my hotel when she shouts, "Wait!"
I turn back to look at her.
"Charlotte, I totally forgot. We got you a home stable! Golden got enough money to build a new stable and we're giving it to you! It's right over there." She calls.
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh. Let me get my bag." I say.
I rush into the hotel, not bothering to wait for the elevator, I take the stairs. I'm only fifteen floors up and five minutes in when I realize that my room is on the fortieth floor. I force my muscles to work harder and finally I see the sign that says 40. I open the heavy door and run down the hall. I shove my key into the lock and turn it sideways. I hear a "click!" and I open the door. I run around grabbing all of my items in sight and put them into my bag. When I am done I walk out of the door and lock it with the key. This time I take the elevator to the lobby and I check out. I go outside into the brisk air and I walk towards the building with my name on it. Literally. A sign on the door says, "Charlotte Baker". I open the door and see a bigger, more modern type of stables around town. Frost isn't in there yet, so I sleep on a pile of hay. Finally I have a place to call home.