Chapter Twenty Two|It's Time

For the rest of the warm afternoon, we shopped and ate and visited museums. Finally when we were finishing our frozen hot chocolates from Serendipity I heard the familiar beep of my watch.

"Guys, it's almost time, lets go." I said coolly.

We took one last sip and in unison pushed our mugs to the middle of the table. I heard a slight "clink!" and Skylar pulled out a 20 dollar bill from her pocket. She slipped the bill into the leather check book and pushed it to the middle. We excitedly chattered about the quest when a waitress came and took the check book. We all got up and I heard the sound of chairs scraping the tiled floor. The bell over the door jingled when Alex held it open for me. The smell of cacao beans drifted out of my nose and in wafted the smell of subway. Eww. We quietly walked back to Times Square and were soon confronted by a million people. A million. When people say a million you may think they are exaggerating, however I am truly not. There were a million people which was quite overwhelming.

"Guys, how do we get through?" Skylar piped.

I shook my head and bit my lip. Alex beckons us forward. She points at wardrobe stand. (A/N THIS. IS. SO. CLICHÉ. It has probably happened in every TV series.) I pulled a soft robe over my shoulders and we took our horses to the park to graze.

"We can do this guys." Alex says.

I gaze into the sharp grass and then lead our horses to an area where the horses from carriage rides were kept.

"You guys are doing great." I whispered to them as I patted each of their sides, "Hang in there. We're coming back for you guys." Silver just nickered softly and Frost shifted to kick a fly.

I gave them one last glance and slight smile before walking along the path leading up to Alex and Skylar.

"Hey Charlotte, you ready?" Alex said.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say with a sigh.

We walk up the path, over the bridge, and out of Central Park. Towards Times Square.