Chapter Seven|Bring It On, Riding

An alarm went off and I sluggishly dragged myself out of bed. I walked over to a desk and looked for my phone. Where. Is. My. Phone. I began to freak out. I soon found it stuffed in the bottom of my bag. It refused to turn on again. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, did my hair and makeup. I had to meet Skylar at 11 and it was already 10:45 so I kept on my t-shirt and brought a sweatshirt with me. I put on leggings and by that time it was 10:53. I put things back in my bag and rushed out the door. I walked down the long, carpeted hallway and by the time I reached the elevator a ding went off and the elevator opened. I stood in awkward silence in a tiny crammed elevator until a final ding and the door opened again. I walked into the small lobby and out of the door. I ran over to the Golden Leaf Stables notice board and checked the Silverglade clock. 10:59. Soon I saw Skylar strolling out of her stables holding two lead ropes with my new horse and her pony.

"Hey buddy," I whispered to my horse.

"So," Skylar excitedly said, "did you pick the name?"

I had totally forgotten. I shook my head and gave a little laugh. She started laughing too.

"Well, let's think of one."

I looked around for inspiration. 

"FrostJumper." I blurted out.

"Okay, FrostJumper it is. FrostJumper and SilverChampion take on the world!" She replied.

We both cracked up.

"Now, the hard part. You ready to ride?"

"Bring it on." I said.