Chapter Twenty Three|Mum and Dad

When we finally get to the setup, we go around the back to find a way backstage. My feet softly slap the pavement until Alex puts her hand back.

"Guys, wait, I need to concentrate." she says. She looks around and says,

"Guys, come on each side of me."

Skylar and I shift to both her sides. Alex slowly lifts up her hand and points it at a gate. A light so bright it must have been from Jarl's Tomb came out of her hand, and slowly the gate moved away. We all squeezed in and Alex locked it shut. Alex beckoned us forward.

"It's got to be somewhere over here," she told us, while creeping down. I walked toward a metal door with the words, "Stage Right" on them.

"Guys, in here!" I whisper-yelled.

I put my hand on the cold handle and pulled it down. The first, most crazy thing I saw, was my parents talking with Sabine.

"Mum, Dad, Sabine!" I said excitedly.

I turned to Alex and Skylar and elbowed them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Baker, nice to see you again," Alex said.

"Hi," Skykar said and waved.

I talked to my parents while Alex and Sabine seemed to be having an important discussion. Sabine prodded my parents next to her.

"We have to stay." Sabine said to Alex and my parents nodded.

Alex bit her lip.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's go back to Jorvik!" I said.

A second later Sabine ran towards a door and my parents bolted up a flight of stairs.

I almost ran after them but Alex stopped me.

"What's happening?" I asked, desperately.

"We're going to wait in the crowd." Alex says, "Just wait."