Chapter 32

The days to follow seemed to blend together as Rin cared for Compress till someone Shigaraki called Giran delivered some sort of new metal arm for Mr. Compress, it was easy enough for Rin to install it for him. Though it seemed Compress had bounced back pretty quickly making jokes and already showing off his sleight of hand magic tricks even with only one hand. But all that time together she had grown to know a bit more about the man behind the mask who she used to not trust at all. He told her stories of how his grandfather and father were both criminals. He grew up with this life unlike the others who appeared to be people who fell through the cracks. Which explained why he was still so sane compared to the others. Or maybe he was just a different sort of insane? Rin wasn't sure anymore what made a person sane or not now a days.

And with the new arm he really seemed to come back to life. He seemed so very much close to his old self which was relieving. It also meant Rin no longer had any reason to hide from Dabi, though she wasn't able to do that well even when she was caring for Compress. Dabi was more often than not her loyal shadow, groping and grabbing her ass any chance he could. But at least he kept his pants on while others where around so it won her a few days or no rough sex. But of course that only meant she found herself assaulted every time she was alone. And yet she often didn't mind. It was such an odd relationship they seemed to have. Was it fair to call it a relationship? Probably not fuck buddys was probably more accurate but nonetheless Rin wasn't exactly sure what the best way to explain it even was.

In the meantime it had seemed that Shigaraki was trying to take her advice as he eventually reached back out to the Yakuza leader that she had briefly met that night when Compress lost his arm and Magne her life. Supposedly Shigaraki was supposed to meet the man again. Then again Rin didn't know what day it was or how long it had been since she had offered the man her advice and thoughts on the matter? Had it been three days or three weeks? Her internal clock was gone now.

Walking back into the main room after what felt like days of staying hidden at Compress's bed side she was greeted by a few familiar faces. Though some were missing. Shigaraki and Kurogiri were missing, as was Dabi for once. Were they all together? Or had they all set out on their own missions? She probably wouldn't know the answers till someone got back.

Toga was quick to spot the woman and go bouncing towards her all the while rambling off quickly about how happy she was to see Rin and how lonely it was without her. How annoying it was that Shigaraki was giving Dabi and the others orders while she was stuck with nothing to do. And so as usual Toga was happy to gossip about whatever little thing Rin had missed while caring for Mr.Compress. There wasn't exactly much to gossip about. She was mostly just bored and unhappy Shigaraki wasn't giving her stuff to do like a lot of the others. So she was spending her free time around the alleys and along the shadows of the underworld.

Rumours were spreading like wildfire about the downfall of both All Might and All for One. Who was going to fill either position? Not only was there no leader for the hero's, but there was also no leader for the underworld. Who was going to fill that passion? Sure the league of villains had been making a name for themselves but there were a few others who wanted that spot. Though Rin didn't really care about who wanted or got that position. Though she had a feeling Shigaraki was going to be aiming for that title. After all it was his master who held it before him. In a sense it seemed only correct that Shigaraki would be the one to step up and take that position. Unless the man had a kid? Hmmm maybe Rin didn't want to be thinking too hard about that man and what he did with his life behind that tv screen.

"Toga do you know where Dabi is?" Finally at some point Rin was finally able to ask as she looked around noticing after half an hour Dabi had still not returned while she was sitting and listening to Toga ramble.