Chapter 57

The house that stood before them was a rather beautiful one. It sat in a neighborhood Rin would once have dreamed of living in. A stone fence and metal gate sat in front of the house. A sign with the name Ukai sat beside the front gate to the three story home.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Dabi questioned as he stood staring at the sign.

"Yes. When I talked to Skeptic about this matter more he said that the woman was living under an alias. Which is normal for people living in hiding. The commission has worked incredibly hard to erase the name Takami from the world. We are just lucky that Skeptic is so good at digging up dirt on someone," Rin admits, hating to praise the man. But she had to admit when she went to him to get the address for the woman and learned a little more from his brief explanation than when he stopped by their bedroom that one day it had her appreciating the man's hard work. Skeptic better explained the situation he had discovered. The true extent that the commission went through in order to hide Hawk's true identity and past.

A part of Rin wondered if Skeptic could find someone that the commission had worked incredibly hard to hide, then what could he find out about herself? It was a bit of a nervous thought. But she decided not to dwell on it, not when they were on a mission at the moment.

"Remember Dabi. Do not kill this woman. She is more important alive then she is dead," Rin told the man who glared over at her with a sneer.

"Don't talk to me like I am an idiot," He growled at her.

"I am not. I am simply reminding you to keep your temper in check," She said before she was walking towards the home. Pushing the gate open Rin started towards the front door. With a nudge of her head she told Dabi to stand to the side and out of view. She imagined if the woman only saw Rin then she was more likely to open the door for them.

With Dabi standing up against the side of the house Rin reached up and knocked on the door with her knuckles. Standing silently the two listened for any noise to come from inside the house. Soon enough the sound of shuffling footsteps could be heard making their way towards the front door. Without even glancing out the door cracked open and Rin plastered a small smile on her lips trying to look not at all menacing.

"Hello?" the blonde woman greeted with a questioning tone unsure why someone was knocking on her door in the middle of the day.

"Hello Ms Ukai. My name is Nakano Rin. My hero name is the Alchemist," Hearing that the red headed woman was a hero seemed to make the blonde woman look a little less skeptical as the door opened a little more so Rin could see more than just one of her greyish blue eyes. Once the door opened enough that Rin could see her entire face she knew for certain this woman was related to Hawk's. Her hair was a little crazy looking, fluffed up and reminding her much of a puffed up angry bird. The sandy blonde shade is almost exactly the same as Hawk's. Her eyes are still sunken in and do not look overly life full for a woman her age. Wrinkles tug at the corner of her eyes and lips. Yet the rest of her looked healthy, her face was not hollow, though she was wearing a baggy top and loose fitting pants she did not look unfed. Rin had expected to see things floating around her due to her quirk allowing her to make additional floating eye's. Though Rin was not going to complain. If this woman had used her quirk she probably would have noticed Dabi standing beside the door just waiting for his moment to burst in.

"Or would you rather I call you Takami Tomie?" Rin asked, feeling the corners of her lips pull wider than they should as she watched the woman's dead eyes grow wide with realization.

Before the door could be swung closed in Rin's face Dabi stepped about from his barely hidden hiding spot. Shouldering into the door she watched the scared woman nearly bounce off of Dabi as the door swung open as he walked over the threshold of the home. Rin followed only a step behind him, closing the door softly behind her. She watched as Dabi stalked towards the woman like a lion on the prowl. Or maybe calling him a panther was a better cat to associate him with.