Chapter 40

At first she was a little worried about trying to get away from the pro hero, Night Eye could pose a problem though if she wasn't careful. But maybe she was lucky or some odd deity was watching over her. But Night Eye was rather quick to hand the slumping young hero into her arms, forcing her to put down Eri and use all her body and strength to help keep the blonde on his feet. Though he was trying to stay up right it was clear his legs did not have the strength to hold him up any more.

"Here take Mirio and Eri and get out of here. There are a number of hero's and police officers around. Any of them will help you if they see you. Get them up above ground," was the order the older hero had given her. So with the blonde she now knew had the name Mirio slumped against her she grabbed Eri's hand and started to sneak her way out.

"Just leave me behind," and similar words were the complaints that came from the blonde kid.

"I do that and you'll probably die here. Learn when your turn is done. Leave the rest to Night Eye and the kid. You have done your part, now keep breathing till we get out of here," was the reply she growled at the blonde as he continued to complain and tell her to leave him behind and get Eri out of the place. Sure she could have moved faster had she not been carrying the blonde who was completely dead weight now his body unable to hold him up at all as Rin struggled to keep walking while carrying the kid. Fuck he was heavier than he looked.

It wasn't till Eri hit the brakes, her small hand trying to pull out of Rin's grip. That caused her to stop and glance down at the panic looking kid as her eyes grew wide. The next attempt was much stronger as the kid nearly threw herself away from Rin and the hero kid.

"Eri?" She questions before watching the kid start to cry and shake her head. Mumbles of 'it's my fault' and 'I gotta go back' seemed to tumble from the small child.

"Hold on Eri. Nothing is your fault. Hold on," she tried to call out to the kid but she still just shook her head and cried harder as she turned and started to run down the hall back from where they had come. After all it was an easy path to follow as Mario had left a trail of blood behind him.

Well damn it! She couldn't just drop the blonde and chase after the kid. But she didn't expect Eri to just turn and run for it either. There was no way she could just drop the blonde and run after the kid. Ugh she was getting tired quickly of carrying the heavy hero. Unsure exactly which idea was the best she settled for dragging him back with her after Eri. Though their pace was even slower now than it had been while trying to leave. Mirio was barely still awake as he couldn't even hold his head up any more.

"Damn it," she hissed as she slowly tried not to drop him onto the floor. Eri would have to wait, she had to keep this kid from bleeding out. She may not have been a hero or nurse any more but still; she could not let someone die right in front of her.

"Hey kid. Mirio right? That's what Night Eye called you. That's your name right?" She asked, wanting to keep him talking and awake.

"Yeah. Mirio Togata," he said softly, trying to pick his head up to look at the woman that was a few years older than himself.

"Do you know Sir?" The blonde asked. Maybe he was aware he needed to stay awake and was in turn also trying to keep the line of questions going.

"Not really, I've seen him in the Hosu hospital once," fuck should she be giving away such information about herself? Eh the kid was surely in no shape to remember this conversation.

"You look young. A student intern or new sidekick?" She asked as her fingers delicately tried to inspect the hole in his torso first.

"Work study," he said breathless as he flinched at the pain as she prodded the edge of the hole in his body. Though seconds later a soft warmth started to engulf the area of the wound.