Chapter 56

Rin did not expect that finding information on one single human being could be so hard. Whoever was pulling Hawk's strings worked incredibly hard to keep the hero and the man well split apart. Hawk's the hero was everything. But the blonde haired nameless man was almost a ghost. Sure some hero's kept their personal life's as separate from their hero life's as they could. But Hawk's almost did not seem like he was human at all. No real name could be found. No family ties, no information about his childhood. No information on where he went to hero school. Then again maybe all that would come to light if she could just learn his real name. And yet she even stooped so low as to beg the annoying string bean under Re-Destro to go hunting for her.

After all, Skeptic was a pretty good hacker it seemed. She had to strike a deal with him. Swapping what knowledge she knew of hero's and the works for what he could find out about the winged hero that called himself Hawk's. Though even Skeptic seemed to struggle. Weeks were passing and Rin was getting nowhere with her attempt to figure out just who really is under the alias of the winged hero Hawk.

And said hero was an annoying pain in the ass. He seemed to be trying his hardest to hang around those who were higher ups. Working his way up to trying to chat with the lieutenants. Most paid him no attention. But poor Twice was the only one who seemed to put up with the annoying blonde. Rin had started to wonder. Was Twice lonely? Did he feel a need to try and always make new friends? Or was he just too nice and gullible?

The hero could not be trusted. His persona was fake. She had seen it many times among hero's. The hero persona was a completely different person from the human behind the mask. At first she had assumed it was a type of dissociation. A way to leave the job at the agency and not take it home. Especially the hero's who saw more grueling sights. Those who dealt with the true scum of the underworld or those who helped after disasters. Seeing a lot of death and just how horrible the world could be wore a person's brain down slowly.

Those people would wear their hero name the same as a mask. The hero and the human behind it were not always the same person. Was Hawk's persona a symptom of his line of work? She did not think so. Nor originally. She had remembered him being much the same as when they were younger. His fake smile had been plastered on the blondes face since the first time she saw him grace her tv. It made her believe that the persona was not a way of coping. It was simply something he seemed to do for some reason. She assumed it was to get people to like him, to trust him, to hide what was really behind the persona. A lying slithering snake felt like it had made its way into her home.

And she did not hesitate to voice said thoughts to Dabi. Even at that moment as she laid among their bedsheets naked she watched Dabi's naked ass as he bent over to pull the pack of cigarettes out of his discarded pants pockets.

"I don't like him. Slimmy pest. It doesn't sit right that we just let him come and go as he pleases," she complained as she listened to Dabi give an exasperated sigh. She was sure that the poor man was tired of listening to her bitch.

"He passed the test. He killed the former number 3 hero in order to be brought in. All we can do is hope that annoying fuck can find something online," Dabi says as he stuck the cancer stick into his mouth and proceeded to light it up with a pretty blue flame.

She frowned as she mulled that information over. She would have to have Skeptic look into that. Fuck she hated dealing with the creepy man who she was sure hated all the league members. But he was indeed valuable. She could see why Re-Destro kept him so close.

"Are you sure he was dead?" She couldn't help but ask. The look he gave her told her that he was sure and she was sounding stupid.

"I've seen enough dead bodies. I think I know when someone is dead," he growled at her with an exaggerated puff of smoke in her direction as he sauntered over to the bed before sitting down on the edge.