04. Tʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ Sᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ

❝To love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed

❝To love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.❞

--------------------------

The room was lit with numerous luminescent lights. Armaan blinked his eyes many times to get adjusted to the darkness that room held. The music was buzzing at its loudest as the bodies swayed together. The smell of alcohol and cigar was strong enough to make even a non-alcoholic person feel dizzy. Armaan covered his nostrils with a finger as his eyes roamed in the room to find some familiar faces. He jerked when a hand wrapped around his shoulder and tilted his head to look aside. Relief washed over his face to see Jaiden standing closer.

"Why are you so wasted already?" Armaan asked while scanning Jaiden closely. Jaiden chuckled lightly in his drunken state and tried to balance his weight in an attempt to stand straight but instead lost his balance. Armaan held his hand tight and kept him on his feet. "Let's get seated somewhere," he murmured and looked around. His eyes fell on Samaira at a distance. A guy was standing close to her as the smooching game was on between those two.

He sighed while moving his gaze away and helped Jaiden to walk towards a couch kept in the sitting area. He handled Jaiden's bulky body with ease as he had equally good physic. He was tall and had well-built-up muscles. His complexions were dark, his looks were rugged. With a grown beard and short curls, he looked good. The tattoo on his arm moved along with his muscles as he put Jaiden on the couch. He released a deep breath after the exertion and looked in Samaira's direction again but she wasn't around anymore.

His gaze moved back to his best friend who was struggling to get a cigarette out of the box and sighed. "Stop already. You are high," He said in a low voice. Jaiden laughed loudly and shook his head.

"I have just started," he said in a drunken voice. Armaan let out a deep sigh. His unsure gaze moved around the room again and he looked back at Jaiden who was putting a cigar into his mouth. "Did you see Sam?" Armaan asked. Jaiden looked up at him and scoffed.

"She was with some boy. I don't know who he was," Jaiden murmured and his hands went to his jacket's pocket to search for a lighter. He kept tapping the pockets and moving his hand through them but found nothing. A frown formed on his face. "Where did I keep that?" He murmured further.