Fɪɴᴀʟ - Nᴏᴛ Tᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ Aɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ

❝I can love you from a distancebut not at such, do you understandwhat I am saying, my love?Many miles may be between usbut I will never hide myself nor will any amount of space createa void between my heart and yours

but not at such, do you understand
what I am saying, my love?
Many miles may be between us
but I will never hide myself nor
will any amount of space create
a void between my heart and yours.❞

--------------------------

The auditorium was full with a pin drop silence from around. People held their breaths as they kept watching the play taking place in front of them. The topic was relatable, the actors were amazing, the story was told adequately and the director had directed it effortlessly as well.

All the combined efforts created a great play. The curtains got closed and the applause erupted from around. It went on for a few minutes as the audience tried to convey their contentment.

The curtains got raised again and the cast stood there happily smiling back at the audience. They were introduced one by one and the person bowed when his or her name was called. The audience cheered for everyone happily.

"And finally, the writer and director, Dev Khanna." The announcement was made and he walked on the stage.

His appearance had changed a bit. His beard was a bit gown and messed up and his hair was grown into curls too, yet they weren't overgrown to form a ponytail. A round hat stayed on his head.

He wore a plain white baggy shirt with folded sleeves. He paired it up with jeans and inned it inside. He completed the look with a pair of shoes. But the shine in his eyes told a different story. The story of his success.

He was able to get past his struggle after all. He bowed to his audience with the widest smile that no one had ever seen before. He joined his hands when the claps didn't stop.

"Thank you," he shouted as people showered him with all the love. No one could tell he was the same person they had seen in the news for all the wrong reasons.

But that was his past and this is what he was today. After his years' long struggles he finally found himself again and he was happy after 28 long years.