22. Tʜᴇ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ Iɴ Nᴇᴇᴅ

❝A friend is someone who listens when you speak, understands when you cry and guides you on your way

❝A friend is someone who listens when you speak, understands when you cry and guides you on your way.❞

-------------------------

Armaan pressed an awkward smile while looking at the figure standing in the front. Anand Khanna pressed a smile back at him and adjusted his specs correctly on his nose. "Sangram and Naina's party? For what?" he asked. Armaan cleared his throat in nervousness.

Jaiden and he have been friends since they were born and even when his father had a good relationship with Jaiden's father he still felt nervous facing Jaiden's family. "It's their anniversary, Uncle," he said. "Oh, Parthavi was speaking about it yesterday, I suppose but I didn't pay attention while thinking it's something about her friends," Anand Khanna spoke again. Armaan pressed another awkward smile and nodded in silence.

"Fine, Dev can attend it but Shiva will be there with him and Parthavi will be around too, so I am not worried," he said again.

Armaan nodded again and looked aside at Shiva who was standing like a mannequin. Shiva was the personal bodyguard of Jaiden, hired by his father but Jaiden never really let him accompany him and always have had his way out without getting noticed by him.

"Keya... Do you know her?" Anand Khanna asked again. Armaan moved his hand to his mouth and coughed gently before gulping back and looking at the man in front. He nodded slightly. "Yes, she is Sa... She is a friend... of mine..." he said again and chuckled to get out of the awkward situation. Anand Khanna crooked his eyebrows but nodded a little.

"Where is she from? What do her parents do?" he asked again and added as soon, "What's her relationship with Dev?"

"She is from Dehradun I suppose and has completed her graduation in Aeronautical Engineering. I am not sure about her parents but I guess her achievements speak for her rather than what background she comes from," he said and realized what he said while looking at the changed expressions of Anand Khanna.

He laughed awkwardly and shook his head slightly again before adding further, "I am talking for myself. I mean that is the reason I didn't ask her about it."