24. Esᴄᴀᴘᴇ Tᴏ Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

❝It's okay to walk away and take a moment to collect yourself and just breath

❝It's okay to walk away and take a moment to collect yourself and just breath.❞

-------------------------

Jaiden blinked his eyes open to witness the sudden brightness. He held his hand before his eyes and tried looking around. It was still dark. The car was halting by the roadside below the street lamp. His eyes moved to the seat beside him and worry took over him while not seeing him there. He moved the blazer away from him and looked in the back of the car.

He couldn't spot her anywhere and the concern was visible on his face. He turned around and opened the car door after buckling the seatbelt. His eyes roamed around after getting out and he let out a sigh of relief seeing her walking back and forth while murmuring something.

"I thought you seemed different but I didn't know you knew black magic," he stuffed his hands into his pants pocket as he walked towards her with a smirk. Keya stopped at her place and rolled her eyes. "I was feeling sleepy," she said and pouted.

He chuckled lightly. "You could have woken me up," he said again and spoke further, "I am sober now. That's me every day."

"Then you should change it," She said. He smiled but didn't speak anything over that. Instead, he thought of changing the topic. "You still are well decked up and you didn't even tell me," he said and frowned to tease her.

She crooked her eyebrows. "You are already in full clothes. If I would have come wearing that then my neighbours would have fainted," she said. Jaiden laughed.

"They would still faint seeing me, babe," he said and winked at her. She chuckled and shook her head in disappointment. "You are so full of yourself, Dev Khanna," she said.

The smile on his face faded and he sighed deeply while moving his gaze down. Keya kept watching him for some time before moving towards him. She wrapped her hands around his waist and looked up at him while placing her chin on his chest. He stared down at her with a deep gaze.

"I like Dev Khanna," she said and smiled slyly. Jaiden smiled back a little. He raised his hand towards her face and moved the strands away from it. She smiled again.