06. Iɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ Bʀᴜɪsᴇs

❝The neglected are too easily killed

❝The neglected are too easily killed.❞

-------------------

The white smoke erupted in the air and dissolved as soon. Jaiden put his cigarette down and sighed while looking up at that blue sky. He narrowed his eyes slightly when a leaf moved aside and exposed his eyes to sunlight. His gaze moved away involuntarily to hide from that exposure. Another sigh left his mouth and he moved his cigarette up again.

He took another puff and released the smoke in the air. He could feel his mobile vibrate in the pocket but he was too bored to answer it. The afternoon was rather usual today that he hated the most. The Film City was buzzing as always and his dark brown eyes kept moving around to catch everything and everyone in his gaze. But nothing was interesting to him.

His shoot was already over yet he stayed back for some more time while roaming around as he had nowhere else to go. "I thought you went back," Vedika said and stopped beside him. He didn't answer nor spare her a look. His eyes were wandering.

She sighed and looked at the file in her hand. "Listen, just go through this. It's a contract for that watch brand. And you also need to attend the meeting with Reema as you missed it the last time," she said again. Jaiden was still the same. He wasn't paying any attention to her words.

"Jai," she called in frustration. Jaiden finally moved his head a little and gave her a boring plain expression. "Are you even paying any attention to what I am saying? I even called you," she said again. He chuckled and shook his head slightly.

"I was bored to move my hand inside my pocket to get my mobile out," he said in a tiresome voice. She gave him an unbelievable look. He rolled his eyes and looked away. "Just go through it," She said again and forwarded her hand that was holding the file.

He looked at it and remained unbothered as he took a puff of his cigarette. Vedika sighed deeply and looked around. "Where is your bag?" She asked. He shrugged. "Must be somewhere," he said again.

"Jai," she said in irritation and added, "Can't you be serious about anything for once? People are not liking your behaviour, they are talking behind your back and I am afraid but you might not be left with any work soon." Jaiden chuckled loudly.