first time parents

btw, im so sorry for the lack of stories coming out lol pls don't hate me i've been busy w/ school <3

"He has your eyes, love." Cheryl said happily, holding their newborn son in her arms for the first time, Toni gazing over her shoulder. Toni wiped an alienated tear from off her cheek as she let go of Cheryl's hand, which she had been holding for the past hour. 

"Have you both picked out any names?" The nurse asked with a bright smile, taking off her gloves and putting a clean blanket around the baby boy. 

"We haven't decided yet, we were going to choose when we got home." Toni answered, not taking her eyes off Cheryl the whole time. 

"Well, I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect for this little bundle of joy!"

----

"Welcome home!" They all cheered in unison, confetti landing all over the floor of Thistle House. Toni and Cheryl walked through the door frame and was immediately welcomed by all their friends and co workers running up to them and their new baby. Veronica hugged Toni tightly and soon went on to Cheryl, then their baby. 

"Has he got a name?" Betty said in awe, Jughead by her side with his arm round her shoulder. Everyone looked anticipated to find out the answer to the blondes question.

"Bailee Jason Topaz." Cheryl answered happily, nearly jumping up in excitement. Everyone started cheering again and went over to the both of them. The married couple looked at one another and smiled as if they were to say, 'You can breathe now.'

----

Toni lay in Cheryl's arms, scrolling through Cheryl's Instagram as she felt a tug on her hair. She flinched back and stared up at her wife who had a cheesy smile on her face. 

"Ow, that hurt." She whined like a toddler, putting her phone on her lap as she grasped onto Cheryl's thigh. The redhead chuckled to herself as she braided her girlfriends hair, enjoying the moment. 

"Oh, stop all the fussing. I'm just braiding your hair, not murdering you." Cheryl joked, looking down at Toni. 

"What?" Toni asked as she stared back at Cheryl. 

"You're really pretty." Cheryl responded as she glanced into the nearly glowing brown eyes. She could see the blush rising on Toni's cheeks. Toni carefully reached up to Cheryls face and planted a kiss on her lips. Her hand, which was once placed on her her thigh, supported her cheek as a loud cry disturbed the moment of love shared between the two women. "There we go again." Cheryl rolled her eyes, pulling apart from her wife. 

"Who's idea was it to have a kid?" Toni asked, rolling her eyes as she sighed.

"Yours." They both laughed as they got up off the bed and into their 10 month old sons room. The girls looked at eachother before Cheryl picked the crying toddler up and started gently swaying him in her arms. Toni stared at Cheryl as she held in her laugh by turning around and putting her head against the door frame. The redhead just playfully rolled her eyes and waited until the crying had stopped to put her son back in his crib. 

"Thank fuck for that." She muttered under her breath. Upon turning back around to exit the nursery,  the crying started again, only to have intensified from earlier. Cheryl began to run out of the nursery and left Toni in their before jumping onto the bed, covering her head with a pillow. "Toni, I swear to fuck if you don't make this stupid baby shut up I will literally kill yo-" 

"Hm?" Toni interrupted, an innocent smile on her face as she stood in the doorway of the girls' bedroom. He instantly stopped crying as Toni sat on the bed next to Cheryl. "No negative vibes around our baby." Cheryl removed the pillow and sat up straight, watching Toni in awe as she pressed a kiss on her forehead and got off the bed. Cheryl was equally annoyed and amazed, she always knew that Toni would be a great mom after the way she looked after Juniper and Dagwood back in high school.

----

"Do you want anything, my love?" Toni asked as she rested Bailee upon the kitchen counter top. Cheryl shook her head as she grabbed the remote, watching Toni from the corner of her eye. 

It's safe to say that Cheryl had been in love with this woman for as long as she could remember, she picked her up from the darkest point in her life and took her to somewhere lighter. She would be grateful for eternity, and she knew that. 

Toni cooed to the baby, playing with his new t-shirt that Cheryl insisted on buying. 

"Mommy's being moody isn't she, baby?" She joked, noticing Cheryl giving her a death stare from the sofa. Cheryl got up and it was clear that she was hiding a playful smile. "Oh oh, mama's in trouble." Toni whispered to Bailee, dragging out the 'le' and causing him to laugh. Cheryl picked up the baby and hit Toni's ass when she walked away, covering up a small laugh with the back of her hand. 

Toni was the first person to finally see Cheryl's true colours, apart from Jason. She didn't ever meet Cheryl's beloved brother properly, but she understood how much of an impact he had on her dull life at the time. She knew that was why Cheryl insisted on having Bailee's middle name as 'Jason'. Toni had no objections to Cheryl's choice, in fact, she loved the name Jason, and it definitely suited the tanned baby. 

"You have your mama's eyes." Cheryl smiled, looking at her son play with the bow on her dress. Toni gazed from afar, admiring her two favourite people in that moment and for the rest of her life.  The redhead ruffled Bailee's hair and gave him his teddy bear. The same teddy bear that was Jason's favourite toy as a kid. Toni joined the two on the couch and snuggled up to Cheryl, apologising for calling her 'moody.' Cheryl laughed at her and planted a small, but affectionate kiss on her forehead making Bailee laugh. They looked at one another, knowing that they were thinking the same thing.