i'll look after you

suggestion from @Choni202 thank u for the suggestion bby, i'll try n do it justice lol

Cheryl watched as Toni took her drink and jumped down from the counter they had been sat on for the last hour, they weren't drunk yet, but they definitely weren't sober. The girls weren't the party type so to speak, but they still accepted the invitation because they knew how much it meant to Veronica if they showed up. Cheryl licked the rim of her red plastic cup and took a big gulp as she searched the room for where Toni was dancing.

Near Toni was a blonde girl whom Cheryl had never seen before. She immediately became sceptical of this girl as she was much prettier than Cheryl in her eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched her get closer and closer to her girlfriend.

She took another gulp.

"What the fuck." She whispered to herself as the blonde girl put her hand on Toni's shoulder and said something in her ear. She couldn't bare to look in their direction anymore. She just hoped that Toni was sober enough to deny the girls remarks, and thankfully, Toni walked back over to the counter with a disgusted expression on her face. Cheryl knew that Toni wouldn't have ever done anything with that girl, but she rolled her eyes as her girlfriend walked over.

"The nerve of some people." Toni loudly spoke over the music so Cheryl could hear her. Toni was oblivious to how jealous Cheryl was in this moment, so she kept speaking to her as normal, not realising Cheryl's dry and sombre replies.

----

"Baby, I think it's time we think about going." Toni stated as she checked the time on her phone. Toni hadn't drank as much as Cheryl, but she still wasn't in a position to drive so she pulled up the Uber app on her phone. They had been sat on the counter for about an hour now, just talking about life, people watching, drinking and wondering how Veronica knew so many people.

"But I don't wanna." Cheryl slurred, dragging out the syllables. She cuddled up to Toni's shoulder and started blabbering random stuff that Toni couldn't figure out. In that hour they were sat on the counter, Toni didn't realise just how much vodka Cheryl was pouring into her red cup.

"I know, but it's getting late, do you wanna go find Veronica and say bye?" Cheryl huffed and jumped down from the counter and stumbled around to find the raven haired girl. Toni typed in the details of their area into the Uber app and went to find Cheryl.

She barged through many people she had never seen in her life to find her girlfriend, who she eventually saw sitting in one of the bedrooms, alone.

"Babe? Did you find Veronica?" She sceptically asked. Slowly approaching her girlfriend and sitting down next to her.

"I just want to sleepppp."

"Okay, the Uber is on it's way, let's go, my love." Toni grabbed Cheryl's hand and pulled her off the bed she was spread across. She realised that cheryl wouldn't be able to stay on her feet for much longer so she draped her girlfriends arm over her shoulder and walked her outside and waited for the Uber.

"Not much longer now, babe. It's just around the corner."

The Uber arrived and Toni had to practically push Cheryl into the car. She buckled her girlfriends seatbelt and walked to the other side of the car and buckled her own. She sighed as she got in and glanced over at Cheryl, who was struggling to keep her head up to look out of the window.

Grabbing Cheryl's hand, Toni watched as her girlfriend gave her a questionable look. She didn't think much of it because she knew that Cheryl wasn't in her right mind now, but it still hurt a little bit. She squeezed her hand three times before letting it drop on to the seat, and stared out the window the whole drive home.