Morning after

As I wake with the sun pouring through the windows, I roll over to hug Loki but my arm falls onto the mattress.
Blinking the sleep out of my eyes I see the room is completely empty and Loki is nowhere to be found.
I sit up and see a tray of different fruits all cut up into pretty shapes, a bowl of porridge and a small pot of coffee. I smile to myself as I reach for the tray, noticing a little note tucked under a plate.

"Morning my darling,
I have a few duties I must tend to this morning. Make sure you eat and feel free to wander the palace grounds as I am unsure how long I will be.
There are clothes for you to wear, I've hung them in my wardrobe, feel free to pick out whatever you please.
I'll try to get back as soon as I can.
L. L x"

I smile at the note, despite being saddened that he's not here, I can't help but swoon at his thoughtfulness.
I eat my breakfast, brush my teeth and run a quick bath to freshen up a bit.
Once I'm out of the bath I decide to braid random parts of my hair, weaving some gold ribbon through them.
I apply minimal makeup, just a bit of concealer, mascara and a clear lip gloss before going over to Loki's wardrobe.

Now when I say wardrobe, it's not. It's practically a small room joined to his.
His many different armours were on display on mannequins, different horned crowns for each one. I run my fingers over the dark leather of his amour and the cold gold metal of his horns. He truly is something quite remarkable.
Loki's dressing room was impeccably organised, a rack of tunics and undershirts all hung up neatly, separated by colour, his trousers were all folded up on shelves, leather on the top, cotton on the shelf below and shoes and boots underneath his trousers.
Then at the back of the room I see an array of dresses, tops and skirts all hung up neatly on display, a table with a variety of jewellery laid out and a large shoe rack filled with heels and sandals.

I laugh as I look at all of the clothes, all of them were either emerald green, black or gold.
Subtle Loki.
All of the clothes were so beautiful and although all of them were very much in the style of Asgard, they all had a flare of my style in them and I can't help but wonder if Loki had conjured all of these specifically for me or whether he had maids pull a bunch of stuff and just got lucky with it.

I pick out a long dress, it has a black leather bodice that has gold embroidery throughout and a gold plate around my neck, similar to a lot of Loki's armour. The skirt is dark emerald green, obviously, made of layers and layers of chiffon that flowed down from my waist and brushed the floor. I put on a pair of black strappy leather sandals with a slight heal so the bottom of my dress doesn't get ruined and place a gold cuff on each wrist and some dangly gold earrings. I drape a green cloak over my shoulders and smile at myself in the mirror as I smooth down the skirt. What with the Nordic style braids I'd done in my hair and the beautiful Asgardian clothing, I truly look like I belonged here.

I breeze out of Loki's room and down a maze of corridors, stopping every other second to admire the artwork hung up along the walls.
After around an hour of wandering around I hear Frigga's voice coming from further down the hallway.

"Loki please, don't make this worse." She pleads.
"Define worse." I hear Loki sneer and I walk silently closer to where they are, ducking behind a pillar, only feeling slightly guilty for eavesdropping.
"Just listen to your father for once." Frigga sighs.
"HE'S NOT MY FATHER!" Loki shouts and I flinch.
"Then am I not your mother?" Frigga asks with sadness in her voice. There was a long pause before Loki responded.
"You're not..." He says cooly but his voice breaks slightly.

I peek carefully around the pillar, remaining hidden but I now have a view. Frigga and Odin are stood in front of Loki with Lady Sif standing slightly behind in the background, Thor was nowhere in sight.