Another day, another Loki drama

Imagine I thought Stark and the rest of them were wrong.
How could I have been so stupid to think that the god of lies wouldn't be a complete and total ass.

Imagine I woke up this morning expecting an apology. Its laughable truly.

Instead, I woke up to the sight of Loki already awake, standing by his glass cell wall glaring at me.

"That's a good death stare you got there, have you been practicing it in the mirror all morning?" I say sarcastically.
Loki narrows his eyes in response.

*why did they send the runt of the litter to guard me? They may as well have given me the pathetic spider boy*

"Ha! That's rich coming from you!" I laugh, before realising I'd just responded to his thoughts.
"What? How did you-?" Loki glares.
"How did I what? I wear an earpiece smartass, I was replying to Rogers." I glare back.
"Right." He says, rolling his eyes.
"Piss off prince boy, it's too early for this." I huff.
"Quite a venomous little thing aren't you?" Loki grins, arching his eyebrow.
"Ah yes, coming from the god of lies. I must be awful." I scoff. "I'll see you later." I say as I go to leave the room.
"Wait. Where are you going?" Loki asks, stepping forward in his cell.
"Uh, breakfast?" I laugh. "I'll bring you something after." I call back as I run up the stairs.

"Hey Vis, can you keep an eye on the goth downstairs for me whilst I eat and stuff?" I smile.
"What is a goth?" Vision asks perplexed.
"Don't worry. Can you please go keep an eye on Loki?" I laugh.
"Of course Miss Safie." Vision smiles before disappearing downstairs.

I make myself some blueberry French toast and an iced hazelnut latte with oat milk (I'm that bitch, I know) and as I sit at the breakfast bar to eat it James walks shirtless into the kitchen, drenched in sweat and wearing his headphones.

Okay now I'm hungry.
I muse as I gape at the beautiful, oblivious man in front of me.
I take a sip of my iced coffee just as James glances up, jumping slightly.

"Oh! I didn't realise anyone would be awake yet... uh morning Safie." James says, looking almost embarrassed.
"Morning James, sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I giggle.
"You didn't - ugh." He rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I said you can call me Bucky." He half smiles.
"Sorry, definitely not used to that. You only let Steve call you Bucky." I shrug.
"Well, you're important to me too." Bucky says nonchalantly as he walks behind me to get a bottle of water from the fridge.
I blush awkwardly and shove my face with french toast so I don't have to think of something to say.
"I'm gonna go shower. Good luck with what's-his-face." Bucky smirks as he strides off to his room.

Damn.

I go across the compound to the gym, still in my pyjamas, just to punch the metaphorical life out of the punching bag.
Twenty minutes of kicking, punching and screaming later I have to admit I feel a little better.

Until I turn around and see Nat leant up against the door smirking at me.
"Did that help?" She laughs.
"Well it did until someone started mocking me." I retaliate.
"No I'm sorry sweetie, I just can't help but find it funny. You never usually get so worked up."
"I know. The guy is insufferable." I huff and we both laugh.
"Are you sure you're okay with the assignment? I know how awful it can be being in close quarters with him, I can't imagine having to practically live with him." She says sympathetically patting me on the shoulder.
"I'll be fine, I'll get through it powered by spite alone."
"That's the Saf I know!" Nat laughs. "Now go shower, you're stinking up the gym." She says, playfully pushing me out the door.

Halfway through my very prolonged shower I'd almost completely forgot why I was so enraged in the first place. Until it dawned on me.
Shit. Loki. I've left him for over two hours.
I basically fall out of the shower, frantically scrambling around my room for clothes.
I quickly pull on some underwear, a black turtleneck sweater and a green pinafore dress before running downstairs at full speed, nearly knocking Sam flying as I go to make some toast.