The past catches up.

*A/N It's a long one so buckle up :) *

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! We will figure out how that pretty little head of yours works, and as soon as we do... WE'LL CUT IT OFF!" Pierce spits venomously at me as the two muscle men throw me hard, back into my concrete cell, my face smashing onto the floor as my wrists were bound behind me. One of the men cut my restraints harshly, slicing my skin carelessly as they did.
I don't bother to cry out, I just hold my breathe until I hear the heavy door slam shut behind me.
I crawl over to a corner in the back, my knees brought up to my chest as my shaky hands trace over my blackened eyes and busted lip.
My head pounding, blood trickling down from my forehead, hot tears stinging the cuts and scrapes that decorated my face.

An unknown amount of time goes by, I have no clue what time of day it is, there are no windows, no light, I don't remember how long I've been here, how the sun feels on my skin, the breeze, a shower...

The door flies open again, crashing loudly into the grey wall. The flickering of the shitty fluorescent lights burning into my corneas as I'm yanked up, restrained and dragged into another room.
The smell of bleach and dried blood filling my nose, my eyes land on the surgical table in the centre of the room, littered with syringes, knives, pliers, a hammer, a blow torch and a poker stick.

Two large hands force down on my shoulders, my knees buckling beneath me as my ass hits the chair. My arms are pulled behind me and secured, my ankles also tied to legs of the chair.
"Good luck kicking us now you little bitch." Pierce growls and I grin defiantly at him.
"Go fuck yourself you bastard." I grumble and one of the henchmen punches me in the jaw, the metallic taste of blood filling my mouth. I spit the blood over Pierce's shoes which earns me a punch to the stomach.

"We're going to be trying some new formulas out on you sweetheart. They've killed everyone else so far but you seem like the cockroach type." A man in a surgical mask chuckles as he preps the syringe. Another man ties a tourniquet around my arm.
I try and struggle out of the restraints but a fist to the nose almost knocks me unconscious, stilling my body enough for the masked man to plunge the needle into my arm.

I let out a blood curdling scream as it feels as though fire is coursing through my veins, my skin burning, the acidic taste of vomit rising in my throat from the pain as my eyes burst open wide, despite their swollen state. I clench my jaw so hard it feels like my teeth are about to shatter.
They inject me again and I scream so loud the glass around me shatters into a million pieces, sweat pouring off my body as I shake and scream uncontrollably.

"Safie?! Darling, wake up, please wake up!"

I hear Loki's voice pierce through my subconscious and I shoot up in bed, my eyes blown wide, my breathing frantic and my body drenched in a cold sweat.
I grip my chest as my heart rate soars and panic sets in.

You're fine. You're safe. You're not there. It's over. It's over. Fuck.

Loki timidly puts his hand on my shoulder and starts rubbing my back slowly.
"Safie? What's going on? You were screaming in your sleep." He whispers.
"Just- just a nightmare. It was nothing, I'm fine."
"It didn't sound like nothing..."
"Sorry for waking you." I mumble, my heart still pounding in my chest.
"Talk to me." Loki says firmly.
"No. I said I'm fine." I grumble.
"Please?"
"Drop it Loki. I said I'm fine." I snap.
"I didn't wanna do this..." Loki whispers as he reaches his hand up to my head.
"Loki don't you fucking da-"

Loki touched the palm of his hand firmly to my forehead, enchanting me.
I felt his presence in my mind, the pressure built inside my head and it felt like my skull was about to explode.