Christmas Day

I wake up early before Loki, scurrying out of bed and into the living room to place his presents under the tree.
I put on a pot of coffee ready for when we're both awake and I turn on all the Christmas lights in the living room before going back into the bedroom.

Loki's starfished in the middle of the bed, his black curls sprawled out over the pillows.
I slowly crawl on top of him, covering his face in a hundred kisses.
"Merry Christmas Loki!!" I giggle as he groans. "Hey Mischief! Wake up!!" I grin.
"Mmm." He grunts but a smile ghosts over his features as I continue you smother him with kisses.

"Merry Christmas darling." He chuckles, blinking his eyes open to see me on top of him grinning down at him.

Suddenly, Loki grabs my hips and flips me onto my back so he's on top of me, a smirk growing on his face.
"It's not polite to wake people up now, is it pet?" He says, arching an eyebrow.
"No my prince, it isn't." I smile sweetly up at him.
Loki bites his bottom lip and shakes his head at me.
"You're extremely lucky it's Christmas today otherwise I would've made sure you wouldn't be able to sit for a week." He growls and I gulp, blinking up at him.
"Well... it wouldn't be the worst way to spend Christmas..." I whisper and Loki laughs before rolling off of me.
"As much as I agree pet, I'd like this day to be nice for you, without punishments." He smiles slyly. "However, do not think for a second that I would hesitate if you decide to act like a brat." He warns, cocking his eyebrow at me.

After I agree to be on my 'best behaviour', I take Lokis hand and lead him into the living room.
"It looks marvellous." He breathes, wrapping his arms around my waist as he peers around at all the lights. "When did you do this?"
"Before I ever so rudely woke your highness up." I quip and he playfully pinches my sides making me yelp.

"Let's have breakfast and then you can open the presents I got you." I beam at him.
"You... you got me something?" He asks in almost a whisper.
"Of course I did! Why do you seem so surprised?" I ask.
"It's just that no one's ever really gotten me anything before for things like this and birthdays... except Frigga sometimes." Loki says looking at the floor.
"Well Mischief, that changes now." I smile and pull him into a hug.

I make us some french toast and we sit together with our coffees and breakfast just talking whilst we eat.
"Oh! Before I forget, there's a big Group FaceTime with everyone later on this evening when they're all awake." I smile.
"Oh that will be nice." Loki smiles. "Do any of them know I'm here?"
"Unless you've told them then no, I haven't really spoken to any of them much."
"Well my idiot brother knows so he's probably told anyone that would listen to him." Loki laughs and I roll my eyes.
"You can just say Thor you know." I scoff.
"Why? You knew who I meant." He winks.

After we finished eating, Loki takes our plates and cups whilst I start prepping all the food for later. Once Loki had washed them up he began helping me peel potatoes and chop all the vegetables up ready to be cooked whilst I got the turkey ready.

Once all the food was prepped and everything that needed to be in the oven was in, I took Loki's hand and lead him over to the sofa. As he sat down I walked over to the tree and picked up his presents that I'd wrapped in forest green paper and tied with gold ribbon. He smiled sheepishly at me as I sat down next to him.

"First, I'd like to give you my gifts." Loki said softly.
"You got me something?" I asked surprised.
"Of course I did. Did you really think I'd not get my little mortal anything for Christmas?" He smirked, making me blush.

Loki waved his hands and a large hamper appeared in his lap.
"Open it." He laughed after seeing my wide eyes staring at the basket.
As I opened it I couldn't help but laugh seeing a large assortment of Cadbury's chocolate in the box. Nestled in between some of the bars was a little hand written note:
"I thought these would replace the last bar you gave me when I first arrived.
I never will forget the first time you were so unexpectedly kind, I'll forever be grateful.
L.L x"