Chapter 17

KENDALL POV

Okay so I guess I'm freaking out. It's been a day since my mom has called, and I think there coming home. I'm panicking will they groud me, or will they abandon me? No, they probably won't abandon me....I hope. I hear a knock at the front door, and Mrs.Peterson answers it. I can hear them answer it, "Oh hello! Hi Amy." Mrs. Peterson sayd. "Hi is Kendall here." I think my mom says. "Oh, yes, she is right upstairs." I listen to the talk and I walk up to Kristie and sit on her bed. "Hey, thanks." She smiles, "yep, thats what friends are for, right?" I smile back, "Of course" Kristie's door opens and her mom walks in. "Kendall it's time for you to go." She doesnt look happy, and I just noticed this was the first time she has ever talked to me during these few weeks. I wave goodbye to Kristie and walk downstairs with my duffle bag. My mom is in her car and I go outsde. I open the car door and hop in. She looks mad, "I cant believe you." she says. I dont know what to say. "You, never come with us to California, and you live in your friends closet." I take a glance outside of the car window and notice that their are police cars everywhere. Im scared. "Kendall? Are you listening to me?" I whisper something, "Im sorry. I just didnt want to leave, It would be to hard missing my friends. It wouldnt be good. I just couldnt leave, I just couldnt" she looks sad, "When we fiigured out that you were gone, and at Kristies house. We had to leave right away. Your father had to come too so he lost his job. He cant get it back he has to work here again." She stops and takes a breath "You will be grounded from everything no sports no friends for two months" I frown, "and also give me your phone." I look at her, "But but-" " No buts! give me it!" I hand her my phone and we start to drive home.