Chapter 41

PAYTONS POV

Hayes and I lay on my bed watching tv when all of a sudden I get a call, I peek over at my phone and it says Kristie is calling. I pick up my phone to answer, she is crying and I have no idea why. "Are you OK?" I ask.
"no, Chad and I went skydiving today" she said.
"that's great! was it scary?"
"well," she pauses then start crying.
"where are you?" I ask.
"the hospital," she wails.
"Hayes and I are on our way."
We drive to the hospital and Kristie tells us about Chad. then the doctor came in to tell us the news, "Chad is alive but not for long, you guys can go in and see him. we called his parents for them to come. I'm so sorry."
I glance I Kristie and I can tell that she is about to lose it. I say, "let's go see him before his parents get here."
We walk into the hospital room to find Chad, but it doesn't look like Chad. He is all scratched up and bruised, blood filling his face. Chad and I weren't very close but it even brought me to tears. Just seeing him, it changed how I felt. I can't even imagine how Kristie felt. I walk over to her and hold her hand I squeeze her hand and make her eyes meet mine. "Everything okay," I say. She looks down, "what if it's not." she says. Tears fill her eyes, I give her hug and peer over at hayes. He sitting on a chair crying, it's the first time I've ever seen him cry. We're all sitting their in silence, except for some sniffles and blowing noses. When all of a sudden I hear a beep. Kristie cries again, "Im so sorry," the doctor says, the covers him with a sheet and wheels him out the room. Kristin barely makes it to the chair and sits down.

2 YEARS LATER

HAYES POV

It's the beginning of junior year, everything and everyone has changed. So much is happening. New people new school, and brand new start. Payton and I have been dating for 2 years now. Kristie is better now after chad. Cam is back to normal and Zach, well he seems the same his voice just deepened a little. Not many new relationships. I pull into Payton's driveway, it's the first day of school. I beep the horn and she runs out, she looks the cutest like always. 

PAYTONS POV

First day of school. New year, new me. A car horn beeps outside, must be Hayes. I grab a bagel and my coffee and run outside. Open the car door and kiss Hayes on the cheek. "Junior year!" I yell as I pop the top off of the convertible. Hayes laughs and we both jam out to music. "hey dont forget to pick up Kristie." I say while signing the chorus of a song. He makes a right turn then right again and pulls into the first driveway on the right. He beeps the horn and Kristie runs out. She opens the front door and yells, "Junior year!!! Let's go!!" She sprints to the car and hops in the back seat. Next we make a stop at Zach's house. When we arrive Zach is wearing the most attractive thing ever, yes I'm dating hayes but hey If a boy has good sty I gotta check it out. He puts his sunglasses on a walks over the car. Opens the car door and pops a spot next to Krsitie. Two houses down we pick up, this one boy. He was new last year, his name is Dylan. He's super nice. We then make another stop at Cam's house. Cam walks out, takes a spot in the back, and takes a sip of his coffee. "Junior year, lets do this baby!" Cam yells as we all laugh and scream.