Chapter 25

KEN POV

Right on time, Hayes picks me up at 7. His mom drives us to the movie theatre and it's really awkward. She keeps asking me questions about my personal life, Hayes tells her to stop. She drops us off and says she will be back in two hours.

After we buy tickets, we went to get snacks. we bought popcorn, milk duds and two drinks. I pull out my wallet but he insists he'll pay. We grab our stuff and walk into the movie. We grab out seats and just sit there awkwardly smiling and looking around. I rub my eye and notice that all of my mascara smeared, crap. I stand up, "um hey i'll be right back." He looks at me, "Okay." I get up and walk out of the theater, I walk into the bathroom and pull out my makeup wipes. I start rubbing my face with the wipe and redo my mascara. I put it into my bag and look at the mirror. "Okay" I take a breath, "I can do-" I hear someone behind me and its a old lady. I awkwardly smile at her and she washes her hands. She looks over at me "first date?" I look shocked and look at her, "How could you tell?" She shrugs and walks out of the bathroom. I look at my phone and the movie is starting soon, I better get back to the theater. I walk into the movie theater and I came in at the perfect time. I sit down next to hayes and he smiles at me. He looks at me and hands me the popcorn, "want some?" "yea, sure." I grab some and pop it into my mouth. The movie starts and I feel his arm bump into, I shake a little. "sorry." he whispers I feel so embarresed, "its okay" I smile and try to blow it off. The movie was funny, it was fun. But I felt like we were going just as friends. When the movie ends we stand up and he holds my hand. He smiles and looks at me, "Lets go." we walk out and Hayes goes up to a lady, "excuse me, could you take a picture of us." She nods and I walk over by him. He puts his arm around me and I put mine around him. He whispers into my ear, "put your hand on my chest, it makes up look more like a couple." I laugh and put my hand on his chest. Its funny because some how he looks confident and brave standing next to me, its so cute.