Chapter 40

KRISTIES POV

We arrive at the skydiving place, and the lady at the front desk waves at us motioning to come over. We walk over and she talks about instructors, waviers, safety, and other stuff I never paid attention to. While she was talking, Chad held a tight firm of my hand. Overtime he held tighter I would look over at him and laugh, and the lady at the front desk always looked confused. She told us to wait, so we did and sat down. Chad and I didn't really talked during that time, most of it was just quick glances at each other. I heard a voice say my name, and I looked up to see a average age man. He has a hard hat on so I kind of knew that he was a worker there. He took Chad and I into a room. We got fitted for harnesses, helmet, and we got our parachute. After we got all our gear on. He took us outside and we borded onto a helicopter. My stomach dropped with fright. But I knew that Chad would always be there. The plane started to move and soon we took off. Chad's smile was brighter than the sun, he was so happy. It was kind of funny, I kept laughing at him. When we were high enough, the worker told us to stand. And, this is where I started to freak out. I just couldn't, I knew I was with Chad but so many things could happen. I don't know what to expect! "C'mon, you'll be fine." Chad said as he smiled. I tightened my fists and took a deep breath, but I still couldn't make myself. "How about I go first?" He says. He laughs and without even taking a second thought he walks onto the wing on the plane and jumps. Without even saying goodbye. And, now at this moment I feel bad. I walk as fast as I can onto the wing. I close my eyes, and jump. Chad looks up while he's flying through the air, he smiles and yells, "I LOVE YOU!" He screams it at the top of his lungs. And, of course I yell it back. I look over at my side, and notice the worker is right next to me flying down. He tells us to pull out our parachute and pull the string. I find the string and pull it, and I fly up and then come down, very slowly. I look down to see if Chad as got it, but he can't seem to find it. He looks scared, "chad?" I ask. "Whats going on?" I Yell. "My....my string broke!" He yells and starts to panic. He flying down but I'm going slowly. I try to push myself down. But, I just look like a freak who is moving my legs crazy in the air. And, yea it's totally NOT working. I start to panic too, and feel tears coming into my eyes, He fall into some trees and then I can't see him. I don't know what to do. And, I don't know what just happened to Chad.