Chapter 16

KENDALLS  POV

After school, while walking to Kristie's house I get a call. When I answer I realize I have made a HUGE mistake. IT WAS MY MOM.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" She screamed.

"Right where you left me, mom"

"I can't believe you didn't get in the car to the airport!"

"Actually mom, you forgot me."

There was an awkward silence between us, I have never done anything bad like this before. Kristie is standing right next to me freaking out. I mouth to her, 'It's my mom, she is so mad.' She mouthed, 'Ok.'

My mom breaks the silence, "Honey, dads job isn't going very well. We might come home, but we aren't that sure if we want to go back. What do you think?"

"I think, YOU SHOULD MOVE BACK TO WISCONSIN!"

"Oh alright, me and your father will talk about it. And just so you know you are in HUGE trouble, where are you even staying?"

"I'm staying in Kristie's closet."

"Do her parents know?"

"No..."

"KENDALL GRACE BLUE! YOU ARE SO GROUNDED WHEN WE GET HOME."

"Sorry mom but I have to go bye."

I hang up as soon as I can, then Kristie is filling me up with questions.

"What happened? Did you say she was coming home? How much trouble will you get into?"

"Kristie calm down, my family is coming home and she said I'm in huge trouble."

"Yes! you are coming home!"

"Yeah."

When we get to Kristie's house, I sneek across the living room. "You don't have to hide from me Kendall, I know you are here."

We settle things out with Kristie and her parents and they decide to let me stay until my parents come to pick me up. "Wait how did you know?"

"Your mom called me and told me everything, I understand that you wanted to stay. I admitt that I once tried to do that but it only lasted an hour and a big lecture from my parents."

They went to bed that night, Payton sleeping on a twin size mattress next to Kristies bed.