Ch 4 Dinner Plans

The rest of the day it was practically impossible to concentrate on my classes and I excused myself from my last class to use the bathroom an hour before class ended, just in case Lucas showed up early to pick me up. Instead of using the bathroom, I snuck to the kitchen where they were already in the midst of serving dinner.

"I had a feeling I'd be seeing you a bit before 7." Ms. Macoy chuckled.

"Ya, sorry for the intrusion." I nervously giggle back with a small forced smile. "Is there anything I can do to help while I wait for my order?" I offered.

"Well aren't you just the sweetest thing." She laughed with a wide grin, as she placed a large picnic basket on the counter infront of me. "Just a minute and I'll wrap up the main course." She said with a wink as she swiftly maneuvered around the kitchen and it didn't take her long before she finished and sent me on my way.

By 6:30 I was out of the academy and running along the walking trail into the forest. It was a little more difficult to climb the rocks with the basket but I somehow managed and I sat waiting at the top for Night. At 7:01 my phone started ringing with an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Alexandra where are you?" Lucas' deep voice boomed in my ear and I nearly dropped my phone.

"How... How did you get my number?" I stuttered in shock.

"It wasn't hard to find. Now where are you?"

"I already told you I have dinner plans."

"Yes, you do, with me, now..." Lucas began but I cut him off.

"No, not with you. How many times do I have to say it, leave me alone!" I shouted before hanging up on him and blocked his number. It wasn't long before I got a call from another unknown number, but I ignored it figuring Lucas is probably using one of his friends phones to call me.

By 7:30 the sun started to set, painting the sky in pink's, blue's and gold's. I heard a rustling commotion and twigs breaking in the forest, I peered over the edge and watched as a huge black wolf emerged from the trees. He looked up at me with his big glowing blue eyes and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"Hey, took you long enough. I was beginning to think you forgot about me. Get up here I have something for you." I exclaimed and watched as he effortlessly leapt up the stones, when he reached the top he practically knocked me to the ground, sniffing me all over, then completely covered my face in sloppy wet licks. "Did you miss me?" I asked giggling and he whined softly in response, I wrapped my arms around his neck and scratched behind his ears. "I missed you too." I said and he nuzzled his head in my neck.

When he pulled back and looked at me again his eyes got large like he was surprised, he whined again while nudging my chin with his nose. "Ow did you lick away my make-up?" I asked and he whimpered while he backed away from me.

"Hey, It's ok, I'm fine. It was just some jerk at school, but I'm handling it. Don't worry." I said in a cooing tone as I reached for him but he dodged my hand and I frowned. "Ow no, it's not like I asked him to grab me and force that kiss on me." I exclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest. "I even specifically left my class early so I wouldn't get caught by him and I could come see you like I promised." I whined, he slowly approached me crawling on his belly and nudged my leg with his nose, making me smile down at him.

"What's with you? I'm not mad at you, you aren't the one who hurt me." I explained but for some reason he winced at my words. "Ok I tell you what, if he keeps bothering me, I'll trick him into coming out into the woods and I'll let you bite him, deal?" I asked with a giggle and he looked at me with amusement.