Ch 21 Second Chance Mate

So to sum everything up, my grandfather Crispin Dawn was Alpha of the Red Moon Pack, his first born son, Mason, took over for him and his second son, Tomas became Mason's Beta...

"Wait are you a half werewolf?" I asked and Tomas laughed.

"No, I'm full blooded. Your mother was my half sister." Tomas chuckled.

"What happened to your mother?" Lucas asked crassly and Tomas' smile wavered slightly.

"My mother was killed by hunters when I was 4, but the Goddess blessed my dad with a second chance mate."

"A second chance mate?" I repeated confused.

"That's a myth." Lucas interjected.

"That's what most wolf's think, but it's not, it's just exceptionally rare." Tomas explained and Lucas rolled his eyes. "My dad had no interest in women except for my mother, Rachel his mate, until he found Evelyn, a human woman. Trust me, my dad wouldn't have given a human the time of day if she wasn't his mate."

"My grandmother's name was Evelyn, how pretty."

"Yes. She was beautiful and kind, despite how their relationship started..." Tomas began but stopped.

"How did their relationship start?" I asked a little to enthusiastically.

"It's not a very good story, my dad was kind of an asshole to her at first." Tomas warned.

"It has a happy ending though right, I mean they had my mom?" I asked and Tomas sighed with a small nod and smile, sitting back against the headboard, Lucas pulled the chair to the side of the bed and picked me up setting me on his lap as we waited for the story.

"It was five years after my mother was killed by hunters and my dad came home from a 'business trip' acting suspiciously. He came back in the middle of the night and the next day forbid everyone, including Mason and I, from going to the top floor of the pack house. But Mason, being the rebellious young alpha he was, didn't listen and drug me along with him and we tried to sneak up there to see what all the fuss was about, but our dad caught us on the stairs and ordered us to stay away. After about a week I noticed my dads temper was steadily getting worse and he was always his angriest after coming down from the top floor...

Since we were ordered to stay away from the stairs, Zander came up with the brilliant plan to climb the side of the pack house, so we did and that's when we saw her for the first time. At first we thought she was a member of our pack because of her red hair and green eyes, though she didn't look familiar. She was so beautiful but looked so frail and weak, sitting on the edge of the bed crying her eyes out. Although I knew we shouldn't go into the room because our dad would be able to smell our scents, I couldn't help it and Mason followed me...

She acted scared at first until she saw that we were just kids, she tried to hide her tears and even smiled while asking us who we were... Then we noticed the chain around her ankle, attached to the bed post... Evelyn wouldn't tell us what happened or why she was chained up, but we knew it was our fathers doing. After we left Mason tried to make excuses for him, but I was angry and felt a strong urge to protect her. I went back and visited her every day, we'd eat snacks and talk, I didn't know at the time that she wasn't eating any of the meals my dad was bringing to her, some kind of hunger strike, I guess. In our talks Evelyn told me all about her life before my dad kidnapped her, not that she actually said he did, but I knew. I also realized through our talks that she didn't know much about werewolf's, so I tried to explain what I could, I told her little things about the pack, about myself, my brother, my mother and how my dad was before my mother died. Evelyn tried not to say anything when I mentioned my dad, but every time I did she'd tense up and had a strange look on her face.