Ch 9 Avoiding The Truth

I woke remembering the sweet dream about Lucas, his words repeating in my mind, "Alexandra, I love you." It makes my heart flutter, If only I could really hear him say those words... And I said it back... Ow my god I said it back! But I barely know him, how could I love him? What if he doesn't love me back? I really don't want to think about that, it hurts my heart.

I don't know what to do, I thought about it the entire way back to the school, but I feel like my brain is just going around in circles. I was so lost in thought I almost walked away from Night, but he bit the back of my shirt, whining softly as he stared at me with a sad concerned look.

"I'm sorry Night, I didn't mean to ignore you." I said rubbing his big fluffy head and kissing him between the eyes, he nuzzled his head against me before circling around me rubbing himself all over me again. Once he was finished he licked my face and I rubbed his cheeks before running back to the dorm. Luckily Vicky was waiting for me with excitement in her eyes, but I didn't give her the chance to start bombarding me with questions, as I launched myself at her and buried my face in her shoulder while I cried out, "I think I am serious about him, what do I do?"

"It's ok, there there." She coo'd soothingly as she pat my back. "Tell me what happened, what changed?"

"I... I couldn't stop thinking about him and I dreamt of him. He still wouldn't tell me why he wouldn't meet Night, but then... When I asked if he was playing with me he said he... He loves me... And I said it back... It's to soon for that right? I mean we barely know each other! There's no way he could love me back... Right?" I rambled in exasperation, my head still spinning with confusion.

"Calm down and breath, Alex. This is new for you, I get it, but your not doing yourself any favors by stressing about it." Vicky said while rubbing my arms and shoulders, trying to calm me down. "I think what you need is a distraction, do you have classes today?"

"Just one at 3pm. Why?" I asked and a devious smile spread across her lips.

"Shower and get dressed in something fun, I'm taking you out!" Vicky ordered excitedly as she stood me up and pushed me toward my room. I did as she said, I quickly showered and got dressed in dark blue jeans and a cute green V-neck blouse. "Ah you look so cute!" Vicky squealed as I stepped out of my room, she ran to me, took me by the arm and led me to the open window on the far side of the kitchen where I saw a rope ladder leading all the way to the ground was hooked on the window sill.

"What's with the ladder? Why can't we use the door?" I asked utterly confused.

"Well I have a feeling if we use the main door he who must not be named would see us leaving, so then I thought, what would be more fun than sneaking out!" Vicky explained happily.

"I didn't know Lord Voldemort went to this school... And why do you have a rope ladder just lying around?"

"In case of emergencies. It always pays to be prepared." She said with a giggle.

To be honest I've never snuck out a window before, but it was actually pretty fun and as we came around to the front of the school a car was waiting in the driveway. Vicky didn't hesitate and jumped into the driver's seat, I got in the passenger side and she took off like a shot, even as we approached the gate she didn't slow down.

"Vicky, the gate... Vicky, slow down... Vicky... Vicky!" I screamed as my anxiety level went through the roof, I hunched down in the seat covering my face with my hands, but the impact never happened and Vicky laughed. The car jerked sharp to the left and I opened my eyes to see we were now on the main road, I turned around in my seat and saw the gate still closed behind us... How did she do that? "How did you do that!?!"

"Do what?" She questioned back with a giggle.

"The gates closed, how did you get through?"

"Ow... It's a secret and you missed it." She laughed mysteriously.