Ch 10 Team Wolf

Thankfully they didn't continue to push the issue, but it was nice seeing them both so excited, even if I really didn't like the idea of going back to the club. Vicky and Diego really seemed to hit it off or more accurately she grilled him with questions about how we met, what work we did together at the sanctuary and his personal life, which he was more than happy to talk about. After a short while of listening to Diego's storytelling and Vicky's open flirting, my mind began to wander and I once again found myself stewing over Lucas.

I mean I just don't get him, one minute he's hot, like really blazing, fiery inferno hot, full of passion and wonder, than the next he's evasive, overbearing and infuriating. I just don't understand what he wants from me, I wish he would just say it clearly, like in my dream. I need to hear it, at least once. We need to DTR like Vicky said... That's it, when I see him next I'm just going to come right out and ask, are we dating, yes or no... But what if he says no... I don't like that idea... Ugh! Why can't it just be easy like an old classic fairy tale romance.

"That sounds great! What do you think, Alex?" Vicky asked drawing my attention back to their conversation.

"Sorry, what do I think about what?" I asked with an apologetic smile.

"Diego wants to take us to an early movie, what do you think, want to go?" She explained with a chuckle.

"I thought you were working so hard to save up for a truck, don't waist your money Diego." I stated but he just shook his head and laughed, with that huge smile of his.

"I love that your worried about me, but don't, I already got my truck, how do you think I got here."

"But how, I thought it would take a few years before you saved enough."

"I got a very substantial raise at the club." He boasted proudly making me giggle. "So what do you think, wanna go see a movie?"

"Sure, that sounds go..." I began but then I felt something, like a tugging at the back of my mind, telling me to look up and like I couldn't resist I did. My eyes scanned the small crowd for only a few moments before I saw him. Lucas, he's here. How!?! Why?!?

My heart began to pound in my chest as I watched him, wearing only a pair of royal blue basketball shorts and sneakers. His bare chest shining with a layer of sweat, his hair wet and slick back but messy like he'd run his fingers through it repeatedly and to top everything his electric blue eyes are nearly glowing with intensity as he seems to be searching through the crowd almost frantically. Why is he here? Is he looking for me?

"Alex, what's wrong?" Diego asked looking at me with concern, but I couldn't answer, instead I turned to Vicky in a panic. She looked at Lucas then back to me, raising her eyebrows at me, obviously wondering whether or not I'm ready to talk to him, but I'm not...

"I... I can't..." I whispered as I stood up from the table and ran out of the food court in the opposite direction from Lucas. I can't do it... I can't confront him... What if he rejects me. I couldn't take it... Even just thinking about it makes my heart feel like it's being ripped out. What do I do... I can't breath... I feel like I'm suffocating...

"Alex. Hey what's going on? Why did you take off like that?" Diego asked as he caught up to me easily, when I stopped and leaned against a wall to catch my breath.

"Umm... I... I..."  What do I say... How do I explain it to him...

"Damn girl you took off fast." Vicky huffed sarcastically as she ran up to us. "Come on, let's get out of here." She said grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me to keep up with her.

"Where are you going?" Diego asked following after us.

"To the theater, you were going to treat us to a movie right?" Vicky more stated than asked with a smirk on her face. Diego looked suspicious but didn't question it, he paid for the tickets, popcorn and sodas, because Vicky said you can't watch a movie at a theater without popcorn and soda, apparently it's tradition. Vicky also decided to choose the movie, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two. It wasn't on the schedule to be played but she walked right into the video booth, asked and they played it, her explanation was "she's got connections".