Ch 16 Mating/Marking

I woke feeling a strange but comforting weight across my waist, than the memories came rushing back like a tidal wave, Lucas stayed just like he said he would. A smile stretched across my lips as I reached down brushing my fingers lightly over the arm draped across me, feeling the wonderful tingles shoot through my hand and enjoying the little goosebumps that rose on his skin. Lucas' arm tightened around me, pressing his warm chest against my back and I felt his hot breath stir my hair.

"Good morning beautiful. Did you sleep well?" Lucas whispered gruffly in my ear, causing a shiver to rake through me.

"I did and you?" I giggled while rolling over to face him, meeting his electric gaze.

"Never better." He responded with a smile as he drew me closer, but I could still see the concern in his eyes.

"I'm sorry about last night." I said shyly.

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault." Lucas tried to reassure me, but I shook my head.

"But it isn't your fault either and I hate that your suffering because of it too."

"As long as you don't hate me and you know the truth, I'm not suffering."

"Of course I don't hate you." I said leaning into him, hiding my face in his muscular chest. "I couldn't hate you, not even when I wanted to and said I did." I mumbled before looking up at him again. "I just don't think we'll be able to make out in the woods any time soon." I chuckled with a sheepish smile.

"Well I think I can live with that." Lucas said leaning down brushing his nose against mine and I couldn't help giggling as his eskimo kisses ignited little sparks on the tip of my nose.

"Why does it do that, every time we touch, it can't just be a werewolf thing right?" I asked brushing his nose with mine again and enjoying the tickle of the little shocks.

"You can feel it?" Lucas asked looking at me with surprise.

"The little tingly shocks, yes." I answered and the smile that stretched across his face lit up his eyes in a way I'd never seen as he pulled me flush against him and rubbed his cheek against mine, laughing happily.

"That, my beautiful Alexandra, is the mate bond. I never thought you'd be able to feel it too. I guess that explains why your so sensitive." Lucas smirked as he lifted the back of my shirt and ran his fingers up my spine, making me gasp as my body automatically arched against him.

"You..." I scolded playfully with a glare as I slapped his arm and he laughed. "The mate bond, huh... So all mates feel this?"

"Yes, in their own ways, I didn't know you'd be able to feel it though and I must say I'm glad I have this affect on you." Lucas said as he ran his fingers lightly over my back again, making me squirm.

"Lucas!" I wined while trying to escape his mischievous hands, but he grabbed my bare waist and squeezed lightly making my legs weak and I collapsed on top of his naked chest. My hair scattered around us and Lucas laughed as he brushed it over my shoulder, I'm sure I look like a hot mess right now, but the way he's looking at me with love and affection in his eyes is making my heart beat wildly. "So... Does that mean I have the same affect on you?" I asked as I ran my fingers over his ribs and bit down on my bottom lip trying to suppress a smile as he drew in a sharp breath and his muscles constricted under my touch.

"Yes, you definitely have an affect on me." Lucas chuckled roguishly as his hand slid across my bare back, pressing me against him and making me shiver.

"Good." I said with a sly smile. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who's being driven crazy ever time we touch."

"Oh you have no idea how crazy I get when it comes to you." Lucas said mischievously as he reach up and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear, gently stroking his fingertips across my cheek and jaw as he pulled his hand away.