83

The candle light swayed, the ancient figure of Sudan was still frozen, the lines were cold, the eyes were cold, the black gloved hand was on the long knife, the back of the hand was stretched, full of strength, a long black shadow under the cage in front of the couch  .

Yaoying looked into his eyes and found that his dark blue eyes were faintly covered with different colors, which seemed to be radiant.

It is like the shining galaxy in the boundless sky of the desert at night, overlooking the earth, deep, remote, vast, cold and silent, unattainable.

Even the murderous spirit surging around him is cold and indifferent.

Yaoying has seen this kind of silence without sadness or joy, desire or demand, in another person.

There was a strange feeling in her heart, she couldn't help but straighten up, leaned in front of Sultan Gu, and took a close look at his eyes.

Obviously they are two completely different people...

Sudan Gu was motionless and looked at Yaoying calmly, with a calm expression.

Yaoying quickly returned to her original position and smiled at him. Instinctively, knowing that he would not be angry, she unconsciously showed a somewhat straightforward and coquettish attitude in her smile.

Sultan Gu was really not angry. There was no expression on his face. He looked down, "Every time Bei Rong annexes a tribe, the Khan will immediately divide the military system and appoint the chief. The young and middle-aged of the tribe can be the chief and private soldiers, and the rest are the chief servants.  , You need to pay taxes to the chief. The chief not only leads the army, but also manages the general affairs of various ministries, hundreds of households, thousands of households, and ten thousand heads of households. The ranks of officers come from the Beirong nobles. All the people under the names of the nobles are soldiers, and they can charge on horses during war. All civilians.  It is divided into several levels by the government and strictly managed. Ordinary people can only be promoted through military merit. Therefore, they are brave in combat and not afraid of death. The chief uses this to firmly control all areas."

Yaoying frowned slightly.

Countries in the Northern Rong and Western Regions still retain the system of nobles keeping slaves, and the cattle and sheep tents of the slaves and all the belongings belong to the nobles.  She thought that Bei Rong was busy with conquests over the years and neglected the management of the occupied land. She only knew that civilians were taken captive for the nobles to drive. According to Sultan Gu, Bei Rong was indeed barbaric, but their arrogant management method was indeed simple and effective.  Not only can it suppress the rebellion of the various ministries and make them unable to resist, but it also allows the young and middle-aged ministries to fight for allegiance to the North Rong and open up territory for the North Rong.

In this way, small tribes with a small number of people will completely die out in just one or two years, and large tribes will soon fall apart.

Under such strict hierarchies, all the people are docile and tame. Everyone belongs to a certain chief or tribe. If you travel for dozens of miles, you have to inform the nobles.  In this case, the people dare not take in and hide strangers, and they will even fight to report. The guards at the checkpoints in various places can easily distinguish which people are not the people under the rule of Beirong.

Sultan Gu continued: "The Northern Army has a complete range of troops, not only cavalry, but also a large number of infantry. The cavalry of the iron cavalry goes out, and the light cavalry patrols. The light cavalry of the Northern Army comes from various tribes, is familiar with the terrain, speaks various languages, and has close contacts with the locals.  As long as strangers pass by, the light cavalry will question their identities."