To marry a monk 55

The dawn of the morning has coated the snowy peaks in the sky with a layer of brilliant gold, and the goshawk flicks from the clear blue sky, leaving behind a glimpse of light like floating clouds. The morning bell has just rang three times. The square in the south of the holy city  The city has become lively, crowded and bustling with each other.

Yaoying wore a colorful veil skirt with a curly pattern against a beast, with a veil on her face, she walked into the market accompanied by Ashina Bisuo.

The main street of Fangshi is not long, but there are crowds of merchants. The two sides are crowded with densely packed and row upon row of shops. The colorful felt curtains are full of people. There is almost no place to stand. Different skin colors, speaking different languages,  While merchants from different tribes dressed in different costumes came and went, goods from various countries in the Western Regions were sold here. Compared with the market in Chang'an, it was quite prosperous and lively.

The voices are full of people, and the chants in Sogdian and Hu are mixed with crisp and sweet camel bells.

Yaoying walked all the way and looked carefully all the way, most of the shops selling jewelry, fur, spices, silks, and felt blankets, the array is dazzling.

However, she found that there were not many goods from Central China.

Ashina Bisuo explained to her: "The business road leading to the Central Plains is not only high mountains, full of deserts, and difficult and dangerous journeys, but also in recent years, the business roads leading to the Central Plains have been deserted, and ordinary caravans dare not take risks easily. Here  Most of the merchants in the country took three commercial roads. The North Road crosses the Tianshan Mountains to the north, passes through Broken Yecheng, passes through Kangguo, Shiguo, and Lai, and reaches Fulin as far as  Gandhara goes north to Kangguo or south to Tianzhu. The southern road runs along the southern edge of the desert, passing through Loulan, Qiemo, Khotan, Shache, and to Shule."

"After arriving at Tianzhu, some merchants went south, passing through Qunv City, Wangshe City, to Tubo, or from Piao State to Yongchang, to reach the southern border of the Central Plains. The other part went by sea, bypassing Tianzhu, and passing through the sea for several months.  The merchants of the Central Plains who sailed to reach here traded, and most of those merchants came from Guangzhou, Mingzhou, Yangzhou and other places in the southern part of the Central Plains."

Yaoying was full of emotion.

The three commercial roads that Bi Suo talked about are actually completely overlapped with the former western route of the Silk Road, except that the path from Chang'an in the Central Plains to Dunhuang and Yumen Pass at the starting point was cut off because the Central Plains had already lost control of the Helong area and the roads were blocked.  , No communication.

Merchants can not be afraid of hardships and dangers, traverse the vast deserts and continuous snow-capped mountains that traverse the east and west continents, break the moats, and travel between the Central Plains and Fulin. Naturally, they will not be easily discouraged because of the obstacles to business. With the prosperity of the shipbuilding industry, more and more  Merchants choose sea voyages with huge carrying capacity and low cost to conduct trade.

This maritime commercial road departs from the ports of Mingzhou, Yangzhou, Quanzhou, Guangzhou and other places in the Central Plains, crosses the South China Sea, passes through Golofusha, to the west of Tianzhu, and then from land to the Western Regions and Persia, as far as Fulin, Jerusalem, etc.  The land is called the Maritime Silk Road by later generations.

Yaoying heard from Li Zhongqian mentioned that most of the goods shipped from the Central Plains to the West on the Silk Road on the Sea were porcelain, tea, silk, copper and iron artifacts, and the rare spices, flowers and plants, rare and exotic treasures that were brought back to the Central Plains were often just arrived at the port.  It was snapped up by the aristocrats of the Southern Chu, and it was evident that Nanchu was rich.