Chapter 24 - Game On

Hancock's POV:

"Why.. y/n.. people are staring," I explain, holding in my laugh.

"To hell with them. Pigtails over there with garlic breath just tainted me with her lips! I sound pathetic right now but.."

"She didn't kiss you directly, you're overreacting y/n" i say, calming her down but she was being foreal . such dramatic behavior

".. still! she probably had smudged your kiss!"

I let out a sigh. "You're simply looking for an excuse to kiss again, right y/n?" As our side's judges shout at us to sit back down, I murmured, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Well," y/n mumbled. "Let me tell you something.. if you win this.. I'll give you something more than a kiss," I said again, bending down to her face.

I teased y/n making her flinch and blush a little.

I'm not sure what she's thinking, but it's definitely not what she has in mind.

"Alright!" Y/n turned around to return to the stage, smiling.. I'm not sure what hit me, but... I kissed her on the forehead as I pulled the hood of her sweatshirt.

Crap, I forgot there was cameras here.. why did I do that..

"Empress..?" Y/n leaned.  "Thanks for the encouragement," Y/n smiled as she sat back down. 

According to her peers and teachers, she has never smiled much before. When she smiles, I get a weird fuzzy sensation inside that isn't like the one I have with Luffy's. It's.. so weird

"Um Ma'am.." The guy who sat next to me interrupted.

"What is it?!" I responded.

"Please sit down.. people behind you can't see.."
With tremors in his voice, he responds.

I turned around to see a sea of eyes staring back at me.. I suddenly got flustered, and as I was ready to sit down, my gaze was drawn to the same woman, who asked as to where this 'man' was.
She was glancing at me indifferently before breaking off our little interaction and smiling at me. I just sat back down.

What's the matter with her?

....

The light dimmed steadily, casting spotlights on the youngsters below us. I was nervous as well, but I know Y/n isn't that ignorant to be knocked out in the first round.. hope I didn't just jinx that..

Rules: Each table will be asked a question by the speaker. The person who hits their buzzer first for their turn at the table wins. For each round, the individual with the fewest points in their table will be eliminated. The final three contestants for each table will compete in the final round. Remember, we'll reveal the prizes for the first place youngster as well as the second and third place finishers! Now, you intelligent kiddos! Best of luck, and don't even think about cheating. We've been hosting this program for... well, forever! - the questioner announced

--

After a couple of hours, they started with basic questions that everyone should have memorized in their heads by now.

However, after the first two rounds, 30 or more kids have already been eliminated, heh, what a bunch of idiots.

They entered the competition despite the fact that it was unsuitable for their intellect.

Surprisingly, Y/n was answering all of the questions raised by the questioner at their table.

"Ah, so what did I miss," the orange-haired girl said, coming from the man's seat.