Chapter 5. Trolls

~TA 2941 28 of May~

We ride through a muddy forest while it was raining. We all probably look pretty awful. After all, I have a spare road cloak what I got from Fili, the cloak I had wrap around me. "Here, Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori ask Gandalf. "It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." Gandalf tell to Dori.

"Are there any?" Bilbo ask. "What?" Gandalf ask, not realizing what Bilbo was asking. "Other wizards?" Bilbo ask again. "There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the White. Then there are the two Blue Wizards; you know, I've quite forgotten their names." Gandalf tell Bilbo. "And who is the fifth?" Bilbo ask. "Well, that would be Radagast, the Brown." Gandalf replies. "Is he a great Wizard or is he...more like you?" Bilbo say and I burst out laughing so hard that I fall into the mud. "I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always Evil will look to find a foothold in this world." Gandalf say. "Are you okay?" Fili ask me as Kili help me back on the pony's back. I see how Thorin glared at me, he don't like me at all. And then we continue our journey...

____________________

~TA 2941 29 of May~

After riding for a time that seemed like an eternity, we finally stop at an old ruined farmhouse. I can't feel my feet's anymore. "We'll camp here for the night. Fili, Kili, Y/N, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them." Thorin command us. I take my stuff as soon as I feel my feet's, and at the same time listen to the ongoing conversation. "A farmer and his family used to live here." Gandalf say "Oin, Gloin." Thorin call them. "Aye?" Gloin ask. "Get a fire going." Thorin order. "Right you are." Gloin replies, I think we all need rest.

"I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the Hidden Valley." Gandalf say, I know he mean Rivendell. "I have told you already, I will not go near that place." Thorin say annoyed. "Why not? The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice." Gandalf replies. "I do not need their advice." Thorin say unnecessarily to my taste. "We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us." Gandalf still try, even for the time I've know these dwarves, it need a miracle that they would change their minds. "Help? A dragon attacks Erebor, what help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing. You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather and betrayed my father." Thorin say now really upset. "You are neither of them. I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past." Gandalf say, he is clearly trying to stay clam. "I did not know that they were yours to keep." Thorin say rudely.

Gandalf leave the area irritated. "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo ask in alarm that he will be left alone with the dwarves. "To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense." Gandalf say irritably. "Who's that?" Bilbo ask. "Myself, Mr. Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day." Gandalf shout. Hey, what about me, I have sense. At least, more than the dwarves. "Come on, Bombur, we're hungry." I hear Thorin say to Bombur, before I leave and walk to the woods.

_____________________________________

I sit on a log watching the ponies with Fili and Kili, when suddenly Kili ask me mischievously grinning " We have noticed how you always look at our uncle". " No, I'm not" I respond "Yeah, sure" Fili say with a smile to his brother. "Shut up you two" I say and turn back to the ponies.

______________________________________

After sitting down for a while, we notice that two ponies were missing. Then I hear Bilbo ask behind us "What's the matter?" and at the same time handing out three bowls with soup. "We're supposed to be looking out for the ponies." Kili say, still staring into the woods. "Only we've encountered a slight problem." Fili continue. "We had sixteen." Kili say. "Now there's fourteen." Fili say. "And we've been here all the time and watched them" I say. "Daisy and Bungo are missing." Kili say. "Well, that's not good. That is not good at all. Shouldn't we tell Thorin?" Bilbo ask worried. " No we don't wanna bother him. We thought that as burglar your could look at" Fili say. "And grumpy would just be angry" I say. Fili and Kili burst out laughing at my nickname for their uncle. "Y/N you didn't call Thorin what I just hear" Bilbo say worried about my way to talk. Then he notice a tree lying on the ground.