Chapter 27. Ravenhill

~TA 2941 6 of November~

We ride up the slopes of Ravenhill towards where Azog should be. After defeating the orcs, we finally arrive at the ruins, getting out of the goat's back. Everyone look surprised when we don't find life at all. "Where is he?" Thorin ask.

"Looks empty. I think Azog has fled!" Kili say. "I don't think so...Fili, take your brother. Scout out the towers. Keep low and out of sight. If you see something; report back, do not engage - do you understand?!" Thorin say to the brothers looking at them worried. "We have company; Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred." Dwalin say, I see goblins in front us. "We'll take care of them. Go! Go!" Thorin say to his nephews. "Come on!" Dwalin say and so Fili and Kili leave and we fight the goblins, I swing my sword and kill as many as I can.

After winning the goblins, Dwalin ask "Where is that orc filth?". "Thorin..." I hear Bilbo say and turn in his direction. "Bilbo!" Thorin say when he notice his friend. "You have to leave here! Now! Azog has another army attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded. There'll be no way out." Bilbo say alarmed. "We are so close! That orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Dwalin say.

"No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in." Thorin say. Then his expression changes and he say to Dwalin. "This is a trap! Find Fili and Kili! Call them back!" "Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin ask. "Do it. We live to fight another day." Thorin say. I sneak quietly toward the tower without begin noticed by others, I climb on a nearby rock. I do this just when the boys come I can see them and possible enemy's.

I hear the sound of drums, Azog appear, dragging Fili with him, I let out a faint cry. I thought they were safe. Azog is talking something I don't understand at all. "No! RUN!" Fili shout. Azog is just piercing Fili's chest, but without thinking I tense my bow (what I took with me from Erebor) and shoot Azog's hand, what is holding Fili. The arrow hit his hand and he drop Fili, I drop my bow and hurry to his direction shouting "Kili, come here. I need your help".

"KILI!" Thorin shout and rush towards the ruins. "Thorin! Thorin...No." Dwalin shout. I finally reach Fili, who is lying on the ground. "Are you okay?" I ask anxiously and squat next to him, it was a really high fall. "I am, thank you for saving me. But I feel like I can't move" Fili say hoarsely. Luckily Kili arrive and kneel to hug his brother. "I don't want to interrupt you but there are orcs coming" I say, preparing to protect on the ground lying Fili.

Kili and I fight several orcs trying to keep them away from Fili. "Kili" I hear that red-haired elf cry. "Tauriel" Kili shout back. Finally the elf find us and see us struggle and join us. I see Dwalin fighting further away. "Can you two take care of Fili. I have to go after Thorin before he kills himself" I say to Kili and Tauriel. They both nod. "Fili, Kili, you are my best friend, I really love you a lot. Please don't die. And Tauriel, I assume, please take care of them" I say before I run to the ruins.

As I fight the coming orcs, I panic about am I in the right time or is Thorin dead, suddenly I hear the screams of eagles as they join the battle. I stab the last orc in the chest and see Thorin walking on the ice. Suddenly Thorin cry in pain and I see a tip of a sword protrude trough his foot.

Azog jump through the ice and press Thorin to the ground, trying to stab him in the chest, but Thorin blocks it with Orcrist. I watch Azog use his weight to try push the sword trough Thorin. I see from Thorin's expression that he has a stupid plan. Before he has time to do anything I run my heart in my throat over the ice and throw my whole weight on Azog's side. He fall down and I stab my sword trough his hand and so hold him on the ice, at least the hand where the blade is attached to the ground, but I forgot the other hand and I feel it throwing me on the ice. His claws cut my side, but I ignore the blood and the pain.