Chapter 13

I woke up pretty early

I woke up pretty early. And also pretty tired after last night.

So much happened. First I was in the kitchen, then I ended up in this room and then - god so much happened last night. Things that I'd never thought of before... and it felt amazing. That whole time with Harlow was like heaven, though I feel guilty admitting it. She made me feel so many things. I feel like I've lost track of every single other thought before last night.

I promised myself I wouldn't get tangled into this mess with her, that I wouldn't do anything like this with her ever. Yet it happened. And I don't seem to regret it. Not yet, at least. I know it's wrong, but how could it be, when it felt so good?

I groan, pushing myself up on my elbows and adjusting to the light coming from the window. The sun shines in through the curtains and I wonder what time it is already. I don't have a single clue about when I fell asleep last night. As I stare through the window, admiring the shine of the sun for a few minutes and getting used to being awake, I do grow slightly anxious about the time. Hopefully, I still have some of it left this morning before breakfast preparations start to get ready.

I push myself up to sit down, looking over to my right. Harlow's fast asleep beside me, her hair sprawled over the pillow she's led on. I look down at myself, and notice I have a larger white shirt on. I didn't know she would still be here. I can't exactly remember how or when I fell asleep last night, but I do recall not seeing her leave. She doesn't seem like the type to sleepover with someone she's just had sex with as a one-off. A hookup, I guess. Ugh no, that sounds terrible. 

I shake my head, ridding myself of my thoughts and focusing on the time, which is my main concern right now. There's no clock nearby, nor did I bring my phone with me last night, so I can't check the time unless I leave the room. Or unless Harlow brought her phone here last night. 

I notice that her clothes are scattered on the ground - maybe her phone was in one of her pockets? I look around the floor, but I can't seem to find it. She had it with her in the kitchen and it's not like she'd just leave it out in the open for anyone to take a look at. I look over at her, still asleep beside me, until something on the bedside table catches my eye as it lights up.

Her phone is placed on the nightstand, facing upwards, revealing the screen. Perfect. I lift my hand across Harlow's torso and place it on the bed beside her hip, then reach my other hand for the phone on the bedside table. But as I'm leaning over her, almost getting a hold of the phone to turn it on, my arm is grabbed and pulled away quickly. It's quickly pinned down to the mattress, and as I look up, I see Harlow is now wide awake, giving me a serious look as she grabs my other arm. I'm sat in shock.

"What were you trying to do?" She questions me, her voice a little raspy. How is this woman so alert the moment she wakes up?

What did she think I was trying to do? "Oh- I was just trying to check the time, I promise, I just needed to check. The girls have probably already started preparing breakfast and I need to go-"