Chapter 52

I can't express how much I love Fridays

I can't express how much I love Fridays. Last full working day, then it's the weekend and I get to spend time with my friends.

I don't recall we have anything planned this weekend, so we might be staying in. Especially after the last time we went out, it may not be such a good idea. I wouldn't risk stepping foot out of this place in a dress.

Though, I have been wanting to go out to the city with the girls. They've been constantly talking about things they need to get and the clothes they want.

I've also been thinking, and figured I wanted to change up my wardrobe and add some more things to it, to pump up my sense of style.

I haven't really thought that much on my clothing and outfits, since really, I'm hauled up in this mansion, working almost everyday. Sometimes, it gets far too exhausting.

I constantly think about how things were before I got here.

And it's been months, though not many, but I wonder.

I never had the opportunity to ever step into a mansion this big, and this expensive, yet now, I live in one. It was just me and my little apartment those couple months ago.

At my job, I used to work a similar amount of hours, but with a little less work and money. Now, I'm about to work two different jobs, with a little more work and a hell of a lot more money than I ever imagined myself having. Seriously, I could do so much stuff with this money. I might as well spend it on everything I wouldn't be so kind to myself to buy some time ago.

Not a hair on my head had entered a party or a nightclub before, again, that changed.

Lastly, the innocent Elodie I was before October last year, is slowly and completely fading by the minute. At this point, I'm convinced that if I hadn't come to this place and ever come into the presence of Harlow Valentina DeLaine, I'd be stuck a prude for life.

I can't stop thinking about all of the change, and I can't decide whether or not it is good for me.

I wouldn't have been harassed by Hugo, or Anonio if I hadn't been taken here.

I wouldn't have gotten involuntarily involved with the mafia if I wasn't taken here either, and the list can go on.

But I did meet three of my best friends after coming here. I've met so many people.

And I've finally started feeling like I'm living my life, in some sort of way.

But it's only been a short while, and I'll be here for god knows how long, so there will be much more time for all this change to go on and I have no idea if I'm ready for it.

For now, I just have to cope, and wait and see.

It's already midday and I'm clearing up a messy bed in a bedroom on the third floor. Close to my room. I find it easier not knowing who's room it is I'm cleaning, because if I knew, my brain would be automatically judging them.