Part 18

"So, I'm finally going to meet the Colby Jackson." Nia said, running my flatiron through her hair.
We were getting ready for the New Year's Eve party together. We were going to meet Colby and Dani at Dani's apartment, and then head down into Philly to go to the party.
I looked at Nia and chuckled, "You say it like she's a celebrity or something." I was in front of my full length mirror, on the floor, doing my makeup. I decided to wear a little black dress that was short but had three quarter length sleeves and do some smokey eye makeup. Why not go all out tonight?
"Well, to me she kind of is. I never got to meet her when you were seeing her before. But don't think I'm not going to give her a hard time." Nia said.
"I already warned her." I laughed.

Nia and I finished getting ready. I stood in front of my mirror. The dress I was wearing was definitely more form fitting than what I usually wear.
"Does this look okay?" I asked Nia, smoothing the dress over my stomach. I had paired it with knee high black boots.
Nia came up behind me and wrapped me in a hug, putting her head on my shoulder, "You look amazing. Don't doubt yourself."
"So do you!" I said to Nia. She had on a pair of super tight jeans that showed off her ass with a black tank top tucked into it and she paired it with a dark purple blazer. Her hair was straight, and she added in some extensions to make it extra long.
"What can I say? Momma cleans up nice." she laughed, "Thank you."
"How are you feeling about Isabella being with Joey and his new girlfriend for the holiday?" I asked her.
Nia made a face and rolled her eyes, "Not great. From what I hear, I'm not the biggest fan of Alexis, his girl. But I can't stop him from seeing his daughter. From what I know they are just having a low key night at his moms."

Nia doesn't have the best relationship with her daughters father, Joey. Her and Joey, who is one year older than her, dated for a year before she got pregnant, and broke up a few months after Isabella was born. She always says she regrets having a baby with him- not having Isabella- but that he is the father of her. Joey

I looked to see if Charlotte was still there before Nia and I headed out. I didn't see her, so I figured her and Damien had already left for the party they were going to. Charlotte had tried to talk to me about what happened on Christmas- but I didn't want to. Not yet.

I drove Nia and I to Dani's apartment. I had texted Colby a picture of me in my dress, with my hair all curled and my makeup done. And she texted me back saying, "Fucking gorgeous." - which gave me butterflies. I felt excited to be going to this party with Colby. And not to sound corny- but to have her be my New Years kiss.

I was excited to see if Dani was going to be looking more masculine or feminine tonight. I thought it was so cool how she looked great either way- sometimes she dressed more masculine, but other times she looked more feminine than me- and she was amazing at makeup.

When she greeted Nia at the door, I was wowed by her look. She had almost a combination of masculine and feminine going on. She had on a black button up tucked into a pair of tight black jeans- but she had full glam makeup on and her hair straightened. She had on a glittery gold eye look which must've taken her forever to do.
"Oh my god. Your makeup is absolutely amazing." Nia said to Dani.
"Thank you so much! So is yours." Dani said, "You must be Nia. It's so nice to meet you."
"It's wonderful to meet you." Nia said, and her and Dani hugged.
Dani then turned to me. "You look beautiful." she said.
I smiled at her, "So do you."
"Now. Where is Miss Colby Jackson?" Nia said, "I've been waiting to meet this girl for a while now."
"Right here!" I heard Colby's voice. My heart skipped a beat.

Her and Dani must've planned their outfits to match, because she also had on a black button up tucked into black jeans. She had on a pair of Sperry's with it. Her hair was down and straight, and it looked super shiny and smooth.
"Okay. Maybe I see now what Jane sees in you." Nia said to Colby in a joking tone, "You look good, girl."
Colby laughed, and pulled Nia in for a hug. "It's nice to meet you, Nia."
The four of us were getting along really well as we piled into Dani's car and she started driving. We listened to music the whole way down, and Nia was joking and laughing with Colby and Dani the whole time.
At one point, Nia turned her attention to Dani. "Now Miss Dani...what's your full name? Let me address you by that for this question."
"Daniella Marie Everly." Dani said, "But please don't call me Daniella. Only my mom does."
"Okay, I won't. But Dani Everly- why don't you have a girlfriend? You are so pretty. You drive a damn Tesla. And you're so nice." Nia said. This is why I love Nia. She says what she wants- and doesn't give a fuck.
I could see Dani blush in the rear view mirror, "I mean, I've had girlfriends. But as of right now- that person just hasn't come along yet, I guess."
"That may change as of tonight!" Colby said.
"And why is that?" Nia asked, curious.
Dani rolled her eyes and smiled, "Please. I've known Bianca for two weeks. She's not going to become my girlfriend."
"Bianca is coming tonight?" I asked Dani.
"She said she's going to try to stop by." Dani looked at me.
"Guess I'll be the only one without a New Years kiss." Nia said. Then she turned her attention to Colby. "And Miss Colby, Dani has an excuse for not making Bianca her girlfriend. It's been two weeks. What's your excuse for you and Jane not being official?"