Part 42

December was Charlotte and Damien's wedding- December 8th, to be exact.

Their wedding was going to be at a small reception hall, and Natalie and I helped Charlotte set up the tables and decorations the night before- she wanted to do it all herself, she didn't hire any help.

She made the theme black and white, with gorgeous flowers and centerpieces for the table, and she did hire a private chef to make the food. There was only going to be about 30 people at the wedding.

Charlotte decided that since it was such a small occasion, she wasn't going to have bridesmaids and Damien wouldn't have groomsmen.

She also was going to walk down the aisle herself. It was almost certain my dad wouldn't come. He didn't show much interest since my mom wasn't invited.

Of course Dani was going to be my date, and Natalie was going to bring Enrique.

Natalie and I were interacting more. Still not too much, but we were warming up to each other more and more. I really enjoyed spending time with Emily, and so did Charlotte. I knew Emily was giving her major baby fever as well.

The wedding weekend was going to be a nice break from school. I was still barely passing- and finals were coming up, which could make or break me. I was only kind of freaking out.

The night before the wedding Charlotte, Natalie, and I got our nails done together. It was nice to have a relaxing time, just the three of us. But I couldn't help but think- it should have been four of us.

On the morning of the wedding, we had Charlotte's co worker, Laura, who also did hair and makeup part time, come to the house and get the three of us ready.
Damien had stayed over his parents house the night before, Charlotte did want to the tradition of the bride not seeing the groom until the actual ceremony.
Natalie got her hair and makeup done first, and then it was my turn. I noticed that while I was getting it done, Charlotte was nowhere to be found.
Right after Laura was done with my hair, and before she started my makeup, I said, "Can I just go see where Charlotte is really quick?"
"Of course. We are ahead of schedule since Natalie wanted just skin makeup and mascara." Laura said.

I had a hunch that Charlotte was up in her bedroom. And I was right. When I walked in, she was sitting on the edge of her bed in her pink silk pajamas. Her head was bowed- and I could see that she was crying.

I immediately sat next to her. "What's going on?" I asked her.
Charlotte looked up and me and brushed away some tears, "It's just crazy. That mom and dad won't be there today. But mostly- I'm just wishing Callie was here. Sometimes I feel like I took the time I spent with her for granted. Like, I just assumed she would be in my wedding one day. And now she's not here."
I gave Charlotte a hug, "I wish she was here too. More than anything." I said.
"I'm just so grateful to have you, and now Natalie again. I never want that bond to break." Charlotte looked at me.
"It never will." I said to her.

Charlotte made a gorgeous bride. Her dress was simple and classy, and she wore her hair down and straight. She looked like a Princess.

I drove her, Natalie, and I to the venue. Dani was going to come right when the wedding started, and Ashley, Charlotte's best friend, and Chloe were going to come early to finish helping set up.

Chloe. Also Dani's ex. I worried it would be kind of weird, considering I would now be there with Dani as my date. But Charlotte assured me it would be fine, that Chloe was obsessed with her boyfriend and it wouldn't matter to her. Dani also didn't seem too concerned that Chloe would be there.

Soon after we got to the venue, people started arriving and so did the ordained minister who would marry them.

Dani arrived wearing a black button up and dress pants. You never know if you'll get more masculine or feminine with her- which I love.
"Hey, gorgeous." Dani came up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"Not looking too bad yourself." I winked at her.