Chapter 42: Bastian

SEBASTIAN

"Bastian..." Malambing na tawag ni Mae sa akin.

"What?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked, Annoyed.

"No. Why would I be?" I stacked the flyers with my family name on it, Including a slogan on why people should vote for us.

"Just give me space." I said quietly as I smiled at the crowd forming around us.

"Sir Archangel! Mahirap lang po kami!"

"Sebastian, Iboboto ko kayo! Akin ka nalang!"

Ngumiti nalang ako nang mapuno ng iba't ibang boses ang paligid.

They're all so happy to see us. So stunned and starstruck.

"Vote for Castel and Castel." I smiled as I handed each of them a box filled with canned goods and essentials.

"Maraming salamat po, Vote for Castel." I cringed at Mae's accent. She hasn't even lived in Paris for that long.

"Maraming salamat, Hijo." Tumango ako sa matandang inabutan namin ng donasyon. I can't help but feel... Guilty.

"You and Mae stay on the ground. To interact with the people."

Don't get me wrong, This is genuine. I love what I do. I get to meet these people, I get to talk to them, To interact with them. But everything seems so out of touch and fake.

"Mae, Paparazzi." Bulong ko dito. She looked around and locked our hand when she saw a bundle of men 'hiding' with their cameras.

"Don't be too obvious. Don't pose, Don't try to look pretty. Just keep doing what you're doing." Bulong ko dito habang nakangiti sa crowd.

Good thing I had shades on, Or this would be hell. Eyes don't lie.

We continued to give out donations and flyers, Along with campaign shirt and envelopes with a couple hundred pesos.

"Excuse me," I walked out when my phone started vibrating in my jeans.

"Hello?"

"Sebastian, Nak."

"Oh, Ninong. Did you-"

"Ayos na, Bastian. Hindi ito libre." Pagputol niya sa akin.

"Yeah, I know. I'll pay naman talaga." I glanced over at Mae who's still in the same spot where I left her.

"Matanong lang kita,"

"Bakit mo tinutulungan itong si Allison Monteverde? Hindi mo ba alam na may record 'tong babaeng 'to dito sa baranggay." My eyebrows met at his statement.

"Record? What record?" I asked, Curiously.

"Libel at vandalism." I stared at my parents who's also interacting with other people.

"What? What happened? When did this happen?"

"Hindi lang iyon, Hindi mo ba kilala ang ama niya?"  I looked up at my dad, Waving at the crowd bellow him.

"No. But I know he's dead." I lied. I can't tell them I know about Emmerson.

"Answer me first, Ninong. Bakit maroong record of vandalism and libel si Allison?"

"Ah, Siya. I-memessage ko nalang sa iyo mamaya itong picture." I pursed my lips.

"Sure. Thank you ulit, Nong. Keep an eye on her." He dropped the call and I went back to Mae.

"Who was that?" I rose an eyebrow.

"None of your business." She smirked and slid her hand down my spine. I felt goosebumps take over my body.

"What is wrong with you? We're in public." Inis ngunit mahina kong sambit.

"You have a girlfriend na, Sebastian?" I rolled my eyes.

"No,"

"And if I did, It was none of your business." She frowned and continued what she was doing.

"I'm sorry, Sebastian. Just accept the fact that I don't like you like that." I felt my jaw clench at what she said. I gripped the flyers tighter, Almost crumbling it.

"If you don't, Then stop begging me to rail you every damn night." I said with my teeth pushed together.

The day ended with me and Mae having no interaction after our little fight. My parents sent her home and we drove back to the mansion.
M
"Anak, Bakit ang quiet mo?" Tanong ni mom while dad is driving. I just shrugged, Watching the cars go by.

"He's just tired, Maliari. Let him be." My dad butted in with a serious and stern voice.

"How was your day with Mae, Basti?" I couldnt see my mother but I knew by the tone of her voice that she was smiling.

"Fine." Tipid kong sagot.

"Is there something wrong, Anak?" Alalang tanong ni mama.

"Maliari, Stop pestering your son. He's not a child anymore. He'll be running for mayor next year, You know." My eyes brows met. I almost forgot about that.

"Who am I running against?" Tanong ko.

"By the looks of it, Axe Cruz." I shot a glare on my dad.

"Axe?"

"Yes. His dad is currently mayor, Next year tatakbo si Richard laban sa mom mo. And the spot for Mayor will be vacant until you have it."

"Yeah..." I gazed back at the moving cars. Dad is really confident in us winning. In years time, There won't be a spot in the government a Castel hasn't owned.

"Hindi ka ba lalabas, Sebastian?" Umangat ang tingin ko sa kanila. Tumigil na pala ang sasakyan, Hindi ko manlang napansin.

"Yeah-"

"Wait, What about you?" They locked eyes.

"You dad and I are going on a date." Mom smiled.

"Oh. Where?"

"To Ireland, Son." Kumunot ang noo ko sa sagot ni dad.

"You guys are so extra..." Mahina kong sabi nang buksan ang pintuan ng kotse.

I stood back and waved at the car before they left again. They barely go home anymore. Either they're at a campaign, a meeting or in another country having some 'quality time.',

"Well at least they're always together, I don't have to worry about them getting a divorce." I said to myself as I opened the huge mansion doors.

"Sir Sebastian, Ano po ang ipagluluto-" I stopped the maid on her tracks.

"I'm not eating here." Tumango na lamang ito at pinabayaan akong umakyat sa kwarto ko.

Sabay ng pag-sara ko ng pinto, Tumunog ang cellphone ko.

Ninong sent me photos of Allison's baranggay reports.

"Vandalism... Libel..." I stopped scrolling when I read the last report.

"Allison Monteverde, Multiple counts of..." My eyebrows met at what I just read. All this time I thought...