Chapter 53: Gatorade

SEBASTIAN

"Pasensya ka na, Wala pang linis itong bahay. Madami rin kasi akong ginagawa." I shook my head.

"No, It's fine. I understand." I smiled at her, She did the same thing. I looked around the place and she was right, The place is a mess.

"Nagugutom ka ba? Gusto mo nagluto ako?" She asked.

"Al?" Tumingin ito sa akin.

"Bakit?"

"Do you mind getting me gatorade or coconut juice? Anything to help me get sober." I smiled, Hiding the fact that sweat was sripping down my forehead. Not from the heat, But from tension. I handed her a paper bill.

"Sige, Umupo ka muna diyan." As Allison closed the door, I didn't waste any time. I knew the store was a few feet away and I knew she wouldn't be slow either.

Her bedroom door creeked as I quickly but quietly pushed it open. I held my bag close to my chest, Just incase I find the damn book dad won't stop pestering me about.

"Where is it..." My hands scattered around the, undeniably creative, placards and posters that displayed hate towards the Castels. God, She really doesn't like us.

"Shit-" My heart skipped a fucking beat when my phone started to vibrate in pockets. I pulled it ot and saw my father's name plastered on my screen.

"Where the hell are you?"

"I'm with Alli-" I coughed, stopping myself mid sentence. I don't want him to think I'm getting closer to Allison, At all.

"Monteverde." I whispered.

"In her house?"

"Yes, dad. I'm trying to look for the book." I wandered around her room swiftly, Placing my phone in between my shoulder and ear.

"Go home. We need to talk about something."

"Yes, Dad. I lo-" Even before I bid my goodbye, The high pitched tone fell in my ears. He dropped the call.

"Got'cha..." I said in self fulfilment when I noticed a small lump under her worn out mattress.

"Castle de Castel: Ang Kwento ng Paghahari At Kasamaan Laban sa Pinamumunuan."

"What a fucking title..." I whispered to myself.

"Sebastian?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko when I heard Allison's voice from outside. I shoved the book inside my bag as fast as I can and pretended to be examining the picture on her wall.

"Seb?" Tanong niya when she entered her room.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" I looked at her and back at the picture. It's a faded, barely colored photo of her and...

Emmy.

"Wala, I'm just looking around. Sorry." Ngumiti si Allison before handing me a plastic bottle of blue gatorade.

"Pasensya na, Natagalan ako." She sad down on her bed.

"Uhm... Who's this? Your dad?" I asked, As if I didn't already know.

"Oo. Ayan si papa." After she answered my fake question, The air was filled with silence again.

I gulped when I felt my heart racing, still. My mind went through all of the things that could've happened if she saw me stealing the...