Chapter 10

Jennie's pov

I was lying down my bed while watching the television. All the headlines seems about me until a flash report comes in.

"A FAMOUS MODEL IS JUST INVOLVED IN A ROAD ACCIDENT. THIS MODEL IS LISA MANOBAN."

My attention got suddenly focused in the tv. I saw the pictures and videos flashing in the screen, her white car at the side of the road.

"BASED ON THE REPORT SHE WAS DRIVING HOME WHEN A BLACK SUV BUMPED HER CAR THAT CAUSES HER TO LOSE CONTROL WHILE DRIVING..."

"I saw her outside, she's being treated. Why don't you check her?" Mino said that made me glance at him.

"No need, I think she's fine." I just utter then get my self up from lying.

"Are you two really friends?? Why? Because she's a person's of interest?"

"You've just defended her at the Police Investigator, right?" he added.

***
"Do you think she is capable of harming you??"

"No. She will never do that.I know."
***

Lisa's pov

Im still in the clinic having my treatment. Thankfully I only got bruises at my forehead and in my arm, I'm afraid baout my pictorial—oh yeah I forgot. I'm temporary suspended because I'm under investigation.

What a life Lisa...

" Lisa? "the Police Investigator called. He's the one handling Jennie's case, I wonder why he's here.

"We had your incident report. We even checked the footage, and I think we need to know what happened."

"B-but you're in Jennie's case. Is this accident has something to do with her case?" I asked in cunfusion.

"Well, Ms. Lisa everything could be possible. Please just tell us what happened."

"I'll leave first." the nurse said while excusing her self.

"Uhm.. I was driving home then I noticed this car behind me, all of a sudden that car drove off and bumped my trunk. I don't know —I never seen the plate number. But all I know is that car didn't stop." I stated.

"Ms. Manoban. We already found the SUV. It has no plate number and was abandoned at the side of the road under the bridge... It seems it wasn't an accident but someone really tried to kill you or harm you in some reason." he said that made me look at him.

So someone just tried to kill me, in my whole life no one tried to hurt me.

Does this really have something to do about Jennie's case? Or the person behind those anonymous text? I even knew Kai and Jisso's secret... Damn it! I don't know what to think.

"But we don't think that it is connected to Jennie's case. Is there anyone you knows who have motives?" he said that paused me.

I can't tell him about the blackmailing thing that is going on,im protecting Jennie's secret. I'm protecting my self.

I only knew someone who can do this, it's either Kai or Jisso. I feel that I'm a bad person right now  judging Jisso but she's the person who knows that I know her secret.

Is she afraid that I might tell her secret?

"U-uhm..." I was about to speak when the door opens and I saw Jennie. I'm glad she can finally walk even though she still needs accompany.

"Ms. Kim, you are not allowed to—"

"Visit Lisa??" Jennie cut him off.

"She's not that risky as what I told you.." she added.

She throw me a look then slowly walk towards me. She's so weird...

"Lisa I heard the news... I'm happy you're fine now." she said as if she meant those words. Does she really mean it??

This is so weird Jennie... If I weren't wrong the last time you became that concern to me is five years ago.

She step towards me and what she did next made me speechless.

She hugged me then face me smiling.

"Can you please leave us first? Officer?" she said looking at him who glance at me then nodded.

When he walks out as well as the door shut Jennie's expression changes in a second.

I knew it!

"So you're using your skills as an actress now." I said then stand up.

"Lisa don't assume that I came out of concern. I came to let you know that I'm defending you about my case." she said directly.

"To the five of us, who do you think is capable of hurting you?" I asked.

"You. But of course I didn't told him."

"You didn't??" I asked curiously but I let out a small laugh.

"Jennie if you want  me to stay out of your life you should have pointed me. Unless... You're afraid that they'll discover our past?"

"You should have be thankful Lisa—"

"No, you should be thankful Jennie. Or you're just dissapointed that I'm still alive, do you wish me to die so you could be free??"

"Do you want me to die huh?? Because if ever I'm gone your secret is safe right?" I added but she hold my arm exactly where my wound is. I compressed the pain I was feeling.

"Just shut your mouth and I'll help you out Lisa!I buried those memories, you should too. You knew that I will take the risk to protect my life, if I need to kill someone I'll do it! And once you mess up my life—"

"What you'll kill me?? Is that how desparate you are?" I cut her off while pulling her arms that made her face an inch away from mine.

I can see how she hold her breath.

"I might think you're the one who want me dead."i  whispered while looking straight to her eyes. She pull her hands away then step back.

She didn't utter a word and just rushed outside leaving me without a word.

Psshh!!