Chapter 20

Jennie's pov

"I have a news.." Mino utter when he saw me drinking a wine at the couch.

"You're drinking again. You need to give your statement today about the cancelation of your project." he added that stopped me.

"So, mom will know it. I guess I have no choice." I utter.

"J-just fix your self..." he said.I put down my drink at the table then stood up.

"Can you call Rośe for me?" I ask and was about to leave.

"Did she tell you already??" he curiously ask that paused me.

"What??"i utter in puzzle.

" She didn't told you about the project? Jennie she's the new artist that will take over your role. Rosè... "

" Ro-rośe?? "I utter, I don't know what to react. I'm surprised.

" Unnie?? "she called from the door.

" I'll go upstairs... "Mino excused then leave the two of us. She walk towards me, she's wearing a nice dress while holding a bag.

" Is I-it true?? "I started in polite tone. She look down then nodded.

"I auditioned for the role unnie. I just tried and I'm not expecting thta they will accept me that fast... Um.. I hope you're not upset."

"O-of course not.. Um I'm just surprised, I'm not aware that the production was searching for a new role. I expect that they are waiting for me bu-but..." I take a deep breath.

"I-I'm happy for you, this is your dream... Now I know that it was you,i will support you." I utter then step towards her before giving her a hug.

I'm hurt of course, for the fact that the management didn't informed me and she didn't told me about this. But I have no reason to be mad knowing she finally reached her dream.

"I-I'm sorry..." she apologetically utter.

"No-no Rośe, you don't need to be sorry.. You deserve it." I smiled.

Jisso's pov

The maid let me in then I saw Jennie and Rośe talking to each other. I heard everything...

I walk towards them.

"Did I miss anything?" I ask, they both look at me.

"Is it true? I'm glad you finally reach your ambition... I heard that it is a big project." I utter then glance at Jennie. She look away.

Jennie prepared some snacks and leave the two of us sitting on the couch.

Chaeyoung wasn't talking, I can feel she's uncomfortable. Maybe because I'm the very first person who is against her decision.

I loosen my grip unclaaping my fingers together.
" Chaeyoung-ah... I wish you luck. I'm proud of you." I said to break the silence. She seems surprised looking at me.

"Remember before... We are the very first person to met each other. You w-we're a very... Very sweet person, you're the only person who can make me feel fine considering how rude I was. But when you met Jenduek..." I paused.

"You gave her all your attention, she spoiled you and I envy her. You seems to forget me —"

"Ji-jisso unnie..." she cut me off. I laughed slightly.

"I really missed calling you Chaeyoung, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. I'm just a contradiction of what I'm saying... But I care for my friends." I utter. I think I'm being  emotional, but I'm trying to hide it inside me.

She's being teary so I just look away.

" What's going on? "Jennie asked while putting down the bowl of snack at the table. The maid put the drinks.

" We're just having a conversation... "I said in a casual way.

Rośe wiped her tears smiling.

"A-are you crying??" Jennie worriedly ask then glance at me as if I did something wrong.

"What?" I asked.

"I-it's fine Jennie unnie. It's nothing.." she said. I grab the drink and have a sip.

"Can I use the bathroom??" she ask then leaved.

"Did you said anything again Jisso?" she seriously ask.

"Yes, what's wrong about talking at her?" I asked. She paused staring at me for a second.

"Yo-you had an affair with my boyfriend." she utter in her fragile voice. I suddenly stopped while holding the glass.

I breath deeply then faced her.

"I did." I answered that made her look away.

"For how long?" she coldly ask.

"Eight months? I think..."

"Are you aware what I feel?? The both of you betrayed me... Why it has to be you?" she said that made me look at her. She can't even look at me.

"Do you... Love him?" she sternly ask.

I scaped a heavy breath.

"I did..."

"But I'm not a bad friend to take him away from you... I know you weren't inlove  with him—"

"WEREN'T INLOVE!? Why the fuck Im hurt right now if I weren't??!" she raised her voice.

"I don't know your reason... Jennie, you can lie to anybody, even to your self but not on me." I directly said that paused her.
"I don't know your reason... But you know it to your self. You're not a good lier..."

"Look at you now... Pretending that it's fine, but you're hurt right? Why don't you tell Chaeyoung, tell her. Be honest Jenduek."i added.

" Tell what? "Chaeyoung ask from behind.

Jennie look at her.

I can see it through her eyes...

" Um.. No-nothing... "Jennie stutter said.

Okay fine Jennie, pretend as long as you want...

You're just hurting your self.