Chapter 39

Lisa's pov

I find my key in my bag while walking towards my red car in the parking lot. I only drive my own car now since I don't think I needed a driver anymore.

"Ms. Lisa Manoban?" a not familiar voice called that paused me from opening my cars door. I just noticed his presence when he closed his cars door that were park next to mine.

He glance at my car then shifted his eyes on mine.

"You're driving on your own?" he asked.

"U-uh yeah.." I nodded then opened my car again, he's familiar but I didn't remember him at all.

"I'm Jackson, remember? Jennie Kim's private Investigator." he said again and this time I stopped then look at him.

I'm doomed, yeah it's him. He walk towards me before talking again.

"I'm s-sorry I didn't remember you..." I apologized.

"It's okay. Uhm... How's Jennie Kim?" he asked. Isn't the case closed?

"She-she's fine... Yeah.." I awkwardky nodded.

"U-uhm... Have you—Is the case still going? Do you have any updates?" I suddenly asked.

"Well... Jennie Kim asked to close the case since we can't found the culprit. You are aware that it was supposed to be you b-but she claimed that you were innocent. It was supposed to be Kim Jisso since we've found the evidence pointing towards her but the footage we've got didn't matched anyhow... "he stated.

" Re-really? Uhm.. Ho-how about Kai? "I asked. I just don't get it why Kai isn't included.

" He had an affair with Kim Jisso b-but...it doesn't match him. "

" How about... R-rosè?? "I suddenly asked that paused him. I just feel like I need to asked it.

" R-rosè?? She's the least person who have motives Ms. Lisa Manoban. "

" Ye-yeah I know... "I utter then look away.

" I think.. Um I have to go. "I told him then pursed a smile before entering my car.

If it wasn't one of us.. Then who is it?? Who poisoned Jennie?

Kai's pov

" Thankyou for your families help. You know we trusted you more than anyone else. "Mr. Kim said.

" You're  welcome. It's just a little help for someone I treated as a father. "I said. He grab his glass of wine then smiled.

" You know, I only have one daughter and she's the one I trusted on you. I'm just dissapointed that you haven't got her trust, Kai I want you to have her as soon as possible. I won't let my wife take everything and her daughter. "

" I only want one thing..." he added then drunk his wine.

" What I-is it?? "I asked.

" To  take my real daughter and put her where she belongs.She had enough from hiding, it's time for her to be in her right place."he seriously utter. I sighed then entertwined my fingers.

" B-but... Your real daughter, do you think she'll do as you want? . She's independent more than you know, she have everything, she's someone who doesn't listen to anyone. "

" You hid her from your wife, Im ju-just curious why??" I interestedly asked.

"We're bid in contract Kai. Her family take over my families wealth and she's now walking in her gold shoes while I'm being miserable,im tired being inferior...She thought I haven't knew that her daughter isn't mine.I hid my daughter to live a life and when the right time comes, she'll be by my side. "

"Then w-who's Jennie's real father??" I asked then he throw me a look.

"My long dead brother. How dare he left me that woman and her daughter. , he's still getting in my nerves even if he's dead." he sternly said.

"Tsk.. Her daughter is a secretive person, don't you think that secret would ruin her too?" I utter.

"It's not the right time... That woman knows everything, I'm sure  she knows it and I won't doubt if it was her protecting her daughter. We almost be in problem because of that guy, you told me he's someone we could be trusted."he said that made me look at him.

" I thought he was... But unfortunately, he fall for that Lisa. But I already take good care of him before he speak up.Im just glad that we have someone who's on our side.She's making them stupid, they really fall for the bait.They are all now criminals. "*laughed.

"But why do you think she's doing it? What is her real motives?" he suddenly asked.

"Well... She's a obsessed woman."

"Just take good care of everything and take good care of my  one card, and that is my real daughter. The real Kim." he said then stood up.

"B-but... Something didn't go right Mr. Kim." I utter that made him look at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... That night that Jungkook died I know he's about to tell  who's the one blackmailing them,but it doesn't go well as planned. I-I think someone is protecting Roseanne." I said that paused him.

"More than Jennie, she's closer to Lisa." I added.

"L-lisa Manoban? Well... That woman is getting in my nerves too. She already save Jennie alot of times,maybe she's doing it to Roseanne, why don't we use that... Against her?" he seriously said while crossing his arms.

Jackson's pov

It's odd... Somethings wrong. I know I am missing something, if the case wasn't just close maybe I have right to find out something.

I left the elevator and walked infront of an office. The secretary opened the door for me then I walked inside.

A tall man was looking out of the window seems having a deep thought.

"Uhm... Mr. Kim?" I caught his attention. He came into his senses then faced me.

"Mr. Jackson. Please have a seat." he said so I just walk towards the seat infront of his table.

He called me and asked me to come. It seems important.

"Do you want juice? Coffee? What do you want?"

"No its fine..." I said so he just nodded then comfortably sat on his chair.

"Mr. Kim. Why do you call me all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Mr. Wang... I still don't get it why the case of my daughter suddenly closes without catching any culprit." he seriously said.

"It was what your daughter asked and since there's no proper evidence."

"Well, I think as her father. I have the right to protect my daughter... I want you to work with that case. Find whoever it is who tried to kill my daughter, if you're really a good investigator you should have find out. I'll pay you just find it out."