Chapter 17

Jennie's pov

I wear long sleeves after taking a bath. I know my parents are coming to visit me and I don't want them to see this, I don't want them to think that I'm not well.

*doorbell

It might be them.

I walked down the stairs and headed to the door. I greet them with a smile and kissed thier cheeks.

"You're early.." I utter when they entered. Mom were scanning my house.

"How are you?" dad ask.

"I'm fine dad, um wanna have breakfast?" I ask.

"We already had our breakfast... Where's Mino?" mom answered.

"H-he's coming, he just need to do something... Um, I'm just gonna go get some coffee." I utter then headed to the kitchen.

Dad sat on my couch looking outside through the glass wall while mom, she's not yet done scanning my place.

"How's your life? Aren't you bored here? Is there no any plan for you, your projects? ." she ask while  walking towards me.

"N-not yet... My case isn't still solved, the management priotize my safety, I think it's better so I could rest, for awhile."

"Well..." she just utter.

I look at her then handed her the cup of coffee, she smell it first then take a sip. I walk with her to the couch and handed dad his coffee.

"A-aren't you forgetting something??" I asked them in curiosity. Well I'm not surprised but I'm just expecting this time.

"Hmm? What is it?" father asked.

I bitterly smiled and just nodded. I think only my fans could remember this day.

"Babe, Happy birthday!" Kai happily greeted while holding a bouquet of roses.

"I-ohh yeahh.... Is it today???" mom said in surprise.

"Is it today?? We're so-so sorry... Happy birthday, don't worry we'll make it up to you." dad said.

"No-no it's fine... I know you're busy." I utter.

"I wished we could celebrate it today, but you know, we had our business trip this afternoon." mom utter.

"It's really okay mom.." I smiled.

"Don't worry I'm here..." Kai said before handing me the flowers.

"Thankyou.." I smiled, he then sit next to me.

"You should atleast wear nice dress. Why are so covered? Are you sick?" mom curiously ask.

"A-ahh, no... I'm not." I awkwardly laugh.

"What happened to your legs?" dad noticed the blunt in my thighs. I covered it quickly with my hand then just smiled.

"Ah.. I accidentally hit the table bu-but it's fine now." I lied.

4:30 pm___

I wear my red below the knee dress for the occasion. Im just staying at the kitchen most of the time while my guest are outside, I could see them at the garden through  the glass wall.

" Ma'am your guest wants to see you. "my maid said. I just nodded then grab the glass of wine then walk outside.

I saw Lisa talking to Rośe at the pool area, she's wearing a plain white shirt tack-in pants with black leather jacket and boots.

She saw me but I just look away then headed to the garden.

"You're finally here! Happy birthday!" Irene said then hugged me, she's my co-actress too.

"Oh by the way, this is Taehyung. He should be your leading men in your next project." she introduced.

"Happy birthday, I heard alot about you. Um.. Gift?" he said then have me a small paper bag.

"T-thankyou! Nice to meet you, um... I'm sorry the project has been delayed —"

"N-no.. It's fine. Really..." he smiled.

"Uhm! Hii..," Kai came from behind.

"Oh Kai, its good to see you again." Irene said.

I suddenly felt a hand hold my wrist in a very tight way.

"What was that??" he seriously asked when we are alone at the kitchen.

"W-what??" I ask in confused. He scan my dress then look at my eyes.

"Why don't you change your clothes? Jennie it's bothering me, can't you see how that guy look at you?"

"That guy?? Are you talking about Taehyung?"

"Of course him!" he hold my arm tightly.

Lisa's pov

My glass is empty so I was finding the maid to ask for a bottle of wine but I stopped in my tracks when my eyes saw Kai and Jennie inside the kitchen.

I saw how Kai aggressively hold Jennie's arms and she seems just compressing the pain. Is she numb or something?!

"Ms. Lisa do you need something?" the maid interrupted.

"U-uhm... Can I ask for some wine?"

"A-and please.. Just give it to Rośe." I added before she walks away. I returned my attention to the two but Kai already left her alone.

I take a deep breath then walks towards her.

"So tell me Jennie, what's the reason for me to think that he never did that to you?" I started looking at her blunts.

"Lisa I don't know what you're talking ab—"

"You know exactly. Are you that numb??! Did he do this?" I asked holding her arms.

"He didn't! Okay? Gosh Lisa stop making issues." she utter then was about to leave when I hold her wrist.

"I just saw that jerk Jennie, I can't understand why are you covering him up. How can you stay with that man huh?!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE HIM LISA." she strictly utter that made me paused. I look at her eyes and I saw how sincere she is.

"O-okay fine... We had arguments, he sometimes hurt me but it was all an accident.It's normal Lisa why can't you understand that huh?"

"Oh, is that fucking normal??! Did I hurt you that way huh Jennie?"

"I wished I had, so it's fucking normal for our relationship,. b-before.." I utter. She just stare at me for a second then furiously leave me behind.

I find the opportunity to talk to Kai alone. He just came inside the house when I blocked him on his way to the bathroom.

" You look so harmless but no, now tell me Kai. Tell me a reason that I  won't  think that you're a suspect for poisoning Jennie,aside from cheating on her .You can even hurt her, that's a very big evidence Kai, don't you think??" I sternly utter.

He look away then put his hands inside his pockets.

" But do you think Jennie will tell the truth?? Noo..."

"Cant you see how she loves me huh?? If she had to choose between you her friend and me, who do you think she'll choose Lisa? So stop threatening me, you know the difference between us?"

"I can hurt her, but you can't..." he added then flashes a smile on his lips then take his steps.

I bitterly smiled then let out a small laugh.

"She's inlove with you?? I don't think so... Just like you, she just needs you...too."i said looking at him. He stop taking another step but didn't tried to face me again.

She's inlove with you Kai? Is that where you can get your confidence? Well... Let's see...

I'll make sure that the  last expression you could flash in your face is dissapointment and shame...