Prologue

"Hey, the name's James

"Hey, the name's James. I live in Inkopolis, a very popular city, and I live with my mates. I used to live in Splatsbury with my mother and my brother but moved out with my mates. I moved to Inkopolis to pursue my dream of being a professional turf war player. Since then, I've been playing turf war for fun and recently professionally with my mates. Their names are Harrison, Max, and Harry. They are my closest friends and the only people I can trust. I've always wanted to play turf war since I was a kid. I'd always pretend like I was one of the professional players and I'd be splatting my way to victory. Now, I'm trying to make that dream a reality. Our team, the Tetra Crew, have recently been invited to one of Inkopolis' most famous turf war competitions. I'm on my way to being ranked #1 in the nation. My professional turf war journey has only begun.

It's Friday night, and me and the boys are heading home after a long practice session to get us warmed up for our first match. Gotta get some good sleep tonight for the game tomorrow. Let's get it done.

I lay in bed and watch my eyelids close as the thought of tomorrow's match doesn't leave my mind."