24. Hum Hallelujah, Just Off The Key Of Reason

I paced around the tiny hotel bathroom, my heart beating quickly.

This was never something that would've crossed my mind for the reason I was sick.

I couldn't believe it. I had been so caught up in the moment with Patrick that I wasn't even careful.

Why wasn't I thinking? I'd be ruining everything again, wouldn't I? I didn't know if Patrick wanted any more kids. And Here we only recently started dating, I didn't know if this was meant to be serious. Having a baby already could ruin us. Ruin our relationship completely.

I finally decided to look at it, biting my lip till it began to bleed as I shut my eyes tight, picking it up.

I willed my eyes open, and, though it was hard, I lifted up the test, seeing two lines.

I set it down, immediately lowering myself onto the edge of the bathtub. I covered my mouth, suppressing a sob as I broke into tears.

What had I done? And what would I do? I couldn't tell Patrick yet, it was far too soon.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and pulled it out, opening up the messenger.

Jenna: did you take the test?

I hesitated, and typed back an answer.

I'm pregnant.

I saw that she typed for a minute, but the small icon ended up going away. I guessed she didn't know what to say. We hadn't talked in forever, so was it as much of a shock to her as it was to me?

I didn't know what to do, but I did know that I wasn't telling Patrick yet. Maybe I'd wait till next week, where we would be back home and everything was settled down a bit.

I heard a soft knock at the door, and looked up, reaching up and rubbing my tear filled eyes.

"Yeah?" I Asked, Trying to keep my voice from sounding like I just found out I was pregnant with my boyfriend's baby after we had only just started dating.

"Can I come in?" He Asked.

"Um.." I mumbled, looking down at the pregnancy test. "Just a sec."

I wrapped it in toilet paper, then tossed it in the trash, hoping that the tissue was a good enough way to hide it.

I went over to the door, wiping my eyes again before opening it. My eyes met Patrick's beautiful oceans, which made it set in even more that I'd have to tell him sometime soon.

"Hey, you okay?" He Asked. "You were in there a while.."

"Was I?" I asked, trying to force a small smile. "Oh, I'm fine."

"I rented a movie from the Redbox downstairs." He smiled, lifting up a Ghostbusters DVD.

I chuckled a little. "Haven't you seen that one enough?"

"But you haven't." He smirked a little. "Plus, you haven't heard the various impressions I do while watching it."

"Oooh, impressions." I clapped my hands a bit. "Sounds like a great way to spend tonight."

"I also made the bed." He smiled, reaching up and adjusting his glasses before motioning towards the freshly made hotel bed.

I felt my heart melt right then and there. "Why are you so perfect?" I Asked.

He blushed a little as he smiled. "You're more perfect."

"I said it first." I smirked at him.

"We'll be arguing all night." He raised his eyebrows a little at me.

"The only way to settle this is for you to admit the fact you're literal perfection." I reached out my arms, wrapping them around him and kissing him on the nose.

"Then this'll definitely take all night." He laughed a little.

"Shhh.." I hushed him, placing my finger on his lips. "You're perfect. Nothing will convince me otherwise."

"I think my Ghostbusters impressions will change that."

I laughed. "I need to hear those."

"Well, right this way." He said, taking my hand.

He led me over to the bed, where he picked me up bridal style and put me on the bed.

He came over to the other side, sitting down and grabbing the television remote from the nightstand.

He wrapped his arm around me, pressing play on the remote and starting the movie.

An hour through the movie, after all of his impressions, Patrick surprisingly fell asleep with his head on my shoulder.

I just gazed at him, my mind swirling.

What if telling him went absolutely wrong? I didn't want our relationship to end. But this was so soon.

I was beginning to have major doubts about actually having the baby.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to have kids, especially since I was 33 and still didn't have any. But the question was, did Patrick want any more? He still had his other kids to worry about, and if our relationship didn't work out, I'd just be another mother of one of his kids.

I pulled out my phone, going into my messenger, where Jenna had sent me a text half an hour before.

Jenna: do you need anything?

I sighed, typing a quick reply.

I just don't know when to tell him.

Jenna: take your time. It'll all play out

I swallowed. It had been forever since we last spoke, but at the time, she was the only one who knew. I hated burdening her with my problems, but I really was stuck in this situation.

Should I keep the baby?

It took her a minute to reply.

Jenna: Do what your heart tells you to do.

I bit my lip.

What was my heart telling me to do? At the time, I was only getting mixed messages from it, nothing solid.

Perhaps I was hoping she'd answer my question for me by just replying a mere 'yes' or 'no,' but deep inside, of course, I knew that this was solely my decision, and whatever one I picked would change my life drastically, and possibly upset others.

I looked back down at Patrick, kissing him on the forehead.

I sighed a little, shutting my eyes. "Please don't ever leave me.." I whispered.