Part Thirty

(I re-edited this story. Also sorry that this story isn't the best. It's one of my first two😅I'm trying to improve on my other stories. So if you don't enjoy this one go check out another one of mine.~𝓐 🤍)

Jo's POV.

It's been three months and JJ still aren't dating. We kiss and hold hands but that's it. Right now we're all at the beach.

"Jo, do you wanna surf?"
'I uh don't know how.'
"What?"

My brother asks.

'Never done it.'
"Not acceptable come on cupcake I'm gonna teach you and you'll be a pro."
'Oh I bet.'

He shows me the basic steps. And then goes out with me. I get on John B's board and JJ is on his. He is beside me. We swim towards the waves and I stand up and I start to surf. I go under a big wave. JJ gets wiped out but I'm still standing. I go back to where the others are. JJ comes out of the water soaking wet.

"You sure that was your first time?"
'Yep'

I smile.

"That was amazing Jo"
'Thanks Pope.'
"I was not that good on my first try."

Kie says.

"She's my sister of course she is gonna be a pro."
'True'

We all laugh and surf some more. We stop for good this time and go back home and all hang around. We joke around and hit a blunt. I'm sitting on JJs lap. Kie and Pope are dating now so none of us will be third wheeling.

"So JJ have you had sex with my sister?"
"Nope."

JJ says.

'Sooner or later we will'

He kisses my cheek and I smile.

"Gross."

I laugh.

"Hate to bring this up but Jo, do you feel any better than you did five months ago?"

Sarah asks.

'Yeah I mean it was really hard. Still is but I'm pushing through it. Still practicing to see when my powers come back yeah not back yet. I don't know if I can even bring Scott back from the other side. There may be consequences and worse this time so I can't take that chance.'
"Do whatever you want to sis. You're the one with the powers."
'That is true.'
"Anyone go through you lately?"

JJ asks.

'Yeah some. One person's story really broke my heart.'
"What was it."

Kie asks.

I get off JJs lap and stand up and take John B's beer.

"Hey!"
'Get a new one. I got a story to tell.'

I take a drink of the beer and then use it as a mic.

"So tell it I'm curious."

Sarah says.

'It was a boy he said he was either eleven or twelve his name was Joshua when I first saw him. He was all bloody. He said he was shot thirty times. I asked him what happened and he told me he was protecting his mom and little sister from his dad until the cops came. He was an abusive drunk and got a gun. Got in a fight with the mom and pulled the gun out on her and the girl and the boy stepped in and took 30 bullets for his mom and sister. That really breaks my heart on some of the stories. Mostly the kid ones.'
"That is sad poor kid."