TI- Imagine Thranduil losing you, his second wife

Imagine Thranduil losing you, his second wife

Caution: Angst

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

   The Elvenking never thought he would have fallen in love again after his first wife passed. You had entered his life entirely by surprise, a stubborn one at that.

Thranduil could always remember the day he met you as clear as day. You had walked into his throne room asking him if you could be one of his personal guards, stating that you were better than any of the guards he already had. He had dismissed you many times, but you had refused to leave until he, at last, allowed you to prove to him that he was making the biggest mistake of his life. The King had almost laughed in mock but was quite amused. He did not want to laugh any longer when you proved to be better at archery and a blade than his guards, as you had stated.

Your relationship had started out slowly. Neither had wanted to confess their feelings. Legolas was the one who knew for sure what was happening before Thranduil or you had even admitted to anything. The child had been very fond of you from the beginning, even going so far as to call you his nana* before Thranduil or you got married. That had been hundreds of years ago.

Though the child had lost his birth mother, his loss was less painful after your arrival. You succumbed to every one of his whims. Legolas had wrapped you around his little finger. Even as he grew, you did everything in your power to make him happy and keep him safe.

You had not been able to accompany him in his mission to take the one ring to Mount Doom, but you would not miss another chance at helping him after he had asked for Mirkwood's aid in the battle of Minas Tirith.

"You are not going," Thranduil stated sternly. The argument had been reoccurring for some time now, but no matter how many times he said you were not going, you began getting ready. All the while, arguing with him that you certainly were going.

"My child has asked for help. I am going," you replied with finality. No one was going to keep you from Legolas. Thranduil, finally being fed up, lowered his gaze at your determined voice. You walked over to him and made him look at you by placing your hands on either side of his face. "I know you are afraid to lose someone else, but I promise you like I did when we wed, that I will never leave you. I have to go for our son," you smiled as he turned his head to kiss your palm that had been placed on his warm cheek. You helped Thranduil finish putting on his armor, and he begrudgingly helped you put yours on afterward.

"If I cannot convince you to stay behind, then will you at least stay close to me? I will protect you," he said, coming up from behind and wrapping his arms around your midriff.

"How about I protect you?" you asked, turning around to face him and tapping his nose lightly with your pointer finger. You laughed lightly at his stern expression. "Okay," you smiled reassuringly at him.

Just as quickly as Legolas' message had reached Mirkwood, the King, his army, and you had set out to join the race of man to battle against the enemy. The travel was a long distance. You were all days away when you heard tidings that Sauron's forces were close as well. On March 15 both Mirkwood and Rohan's army arrived. The start of the battle was chaotic. Both elves and man charged and clashed violently against Sauron's allies, many falling to their doom.

The King was almost proud of fighting beside men, for they showed to be courageous and strong. The orcs were frightened for when their opponents seemed to grow weary, they would charge once more with a strength that had initially seemed to be diminishing. It was not until Sauron's armies increased in number that the race of man and elves both began losing strength. In the afternoon of that same day, Legolas alongside Aragorn arrived with the Army of the Dead.